Developer forum

Forum » Integration » After the variant integration job run to update the updated product from NAV with the delta change, the existing variants missing on DW Ecom

After the variant integration job run to update the updated product from NAV with the delta change, the existing variants missing on DW Ecom

Aye Nyein Myat Dynamicweb Employee
Aye Nyein Myat

Dear All, 

On my site, I faced an issue when I run the variant product integration job with xml. We used delta change to get only updated data from NAV to DW in the response xml and used the same xml for both parent and variant product integration job for both insert and update. The issue is that one parent has more than one variants on DW and all variants are already synced and then in NAV, the user updates only for one variant of that product. Then, in the response xml, there will be received the updated data only. When the variant product integration job is run, the exisitng variants of that parent product on DW which did not include in the xml because there is no data update on NAV gone missing on DW Ecom, but we can see them on Database. 
Then, when I checked the data with export csv, the only difference noticed is that the values of 'VariantOptions' column for both parent product row and variants rows updated only with the updated Vairnat ID but before the update job run, the value in that column for parent and all vairnats has all available vairnat IDs of the product. Therefore, it caused the issue on the website.

Could you please advise how can we solve this case on integration job?

Please refer to the below loom record for your reference.

https://www.loom.com/share/d87bdadde0ea47bdbd788a74ef66d681

Thank you!

Best Regards, 
Nyein

Replies

Dmitriy Benyuk Dynamicweb Employee
Dmitriy Benyuk

Hi Nyein,
it looks like you have a wrong value passed into the VariantOptions column, I see you have this mapping:

So that can probably remove the Master Product from the other rows from the 
[EcomVariantOptionsProductRelation] table and will just keep one value from your ProductVariantId row. (Then this is why it can not show other variant combinations below the Master product in UI) 
So try to check the values from that EcomVariantOptionsProductRelation table before you run your jobs (when the data is OK in ecom)
and after the jobs have run.
Maybe the cause is because of that mapping, so try to remove it or provide all available comma separated values of variant options for that product.
Maybe you can include the EcomVariantOptionsProductRelation table into the source and include in the job mappings as separate table so it will keep the previous Product-Variants Options combinations.
BR, Dmitrij

Aye Nyein Myat

Hi Dmitrij, 

Thank you for your reply. 
I have checked for both options. 
When I removed the mapping that you mentioned in Variant job, all variants becomes missing. 

When I included EcomVariantOptionsProductRelation table into source table mapping on Variant Job, it still has the same issue that only the variant which included in the response xml show and another existing variant which does not include in the xml become missing. 

Could you please advise if there is anything I can change on the job configuration or we have to change the logic of product sync from NAV? 

Thank you!

Best Regards, 
Nyein

Elena Anisimova
Elena Anisimova

Dear Dmitriy,

We had tried suggested solution but it still doesn't work. Is there anything else we can do? Nyein had explained in details what she did in this thread. 

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Elena

Dmitriy Benyuk

Hi,
I've checked that on your site you have those relations:

and those variants:

The idea is that the table EcomVariantOptionsProductRelation should have correct relations,
so try to add a new row into that table with the second variant option, then this variant should appear in Ecom UI
(try site restart after direct sql insert)
If that helps then your import shoud also populate that table with those relations
So your VariantOptions column in the destination Ecom provider should receive both values "4X5KG","25KG"
BR, Dmitrij

Aye Nyein Myat

Hi Dmitrij, 

Yes, we noted that variants on Product Catalog showing is based on the relation from EcomVariantOptionsProductRelation table. 
But in our scenario, there will be only updated variants, not all variants will be included in source xml because we used Delta change in ERP. 
In this case, when we run the job, the existing variants relations records from EcomVariantOptionsProductRelation table become missing or override with the recent import/update variant from the job and it causes the exisitng variants missing on Product Catalog. Kindly refer to the below screen recording for the simulation. 

Kindly check and advise. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n99xd549y5tnjfpJtcyoQaDKUe-bYodr/view?usp=sharing

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards, 
Nyein

Dmitriy Benyuk
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi,
I've made a new EcomProvider version that does not remove the previous EcomVariantOptionsProductRelation relations so you can try to run your import after

updating this dll in your site bin folder. Then it should keep the previos data in the EcomVariantOptionsProductRelation table.
BR, Dmitrij

Votes for this answer: 1

Dmitriy Benyuk
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi,
the last version is now released on nuget:
Dynamicweb.DataIntegration.Providers.EcomProvider 5.0.8
so it does not removes the relations by default from EcomVariantOptionsProductRelation

When Remove missing is ON or Remove from Destiantion table Only ON: work as before so only relations built from the source are imported and other (missing) are removed
from EcomVariantOptionsProductRelation
BR, Dmitrij
Votes for this answer: 1

Aye Nyein Myat

Hi Dmitrij, 

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards, 
Nyein

You must be logged in to post in the forum