Developer forum

Forum » Integration » Additional Live calls To ERP System

Additional Live calls To ERP System

Asim Shahzad

HI,

We have a catalog page with a single category group. When dubuging this case we noticed addtional ERP calls. When removing the product component from the page, then we dont have any call also those additional calls disappear.

These additional calls are coming to the method "GetProductsInfo". Does anyone know what can generate these additional calls ?

//Asim

Replies

Dmitriy Benyuk Dynamicweb Employee
Dmitriy Benyuk

HI Asim,
Looks like it is a caching issue. In the Settings -> Integration -> Live integration set the "Product information cache level" option to Session.
Regards, Dmitrij

Asim Shahzad

Hi Dmitriy,

Well i still see the additional calls but only once because i am using "Session" Setting after that it does not call the ERP system for new price as long as the user is logged in.

What if the the prices are changed during the user session what will happen than ? Will user still see the old prices which are cached ? Is there any setting which we can use to still get new prices ?

Regards

Asim

Dmitriy Benyuk Dynamicweb Employee
Dmitriy Benyuk

Hi Asim,
The user wil still see the cached old prices.
There is an API method you can call to clear all responses caches:
Dynamicweb.Ecommerce.Integration.ErpResponseCache.ClearAllCaches();
Maybe you can call this with some custom implementaion of a timer with some interval.
What version of the Live integration and Dynamicweb verison are you using?
When you see a lot of additional calls to ERP - does you ERP has correct responses? If yes, how many same requests do you see per page refresh?
Are they product list requests of single product requests?
Regards, Dmitrij

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi Asim,

If I am not mistaken the product prices are only cached for 5 minutes. The cache option is "Session" is there to enable you to navigate around pages withouth going to the ERP on every request. If you want you can also change the cache to "Page" and it will always go to the ERP for every request, except something like "refresh".

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

You must be logged in to post in the forum