Developer forum

Forum » Hosting » Configure persistent Basic Authentication for dev sites

Configure persistent Basic Authentication for dev sites

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

One of our customers has asked us to set up Basic Authentication for the dev instance.

I have configured it on the server but it seems that the authentication is not persistent for the Admin section and the application keeps on requiring the credentials.

Anybody else had a successful setup of this kind of Authentication?

Thank you,

Adrian

Replies

Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

I have explored this situation further and it seems that the Basic Authentication is persistent in most sections and interfaces except for the Repositories part.

Once you try to open the UI for managing the Index, the Basic Authentication is lost.

What I have noticed is the request for opening up the Index UI looks something like this: /Admin/Api/repositories/Index/Products/Products-index/ while the previous request (where the authentication was still valid) looked like this: /admin/api/navigators/Marketing/TEVBRFMvU3RhdGVz

I am not sure if the Basic Authentication is case sensitive or not or if the request to the repositories is clearing the credentials, but it seems to have some sort of inconsistency that I cannot handle with IIS configuration.

The rest of the sections seem to behave fine.

Thank you,
Adrian

Nicolai Pedersen

Dunno. You have to Google around. Probably some setup in web.config...

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

Already tried that before posting here. It does not seem to be related to Basic Auth since it only has a few options when setting up.

And based on my analysis after making the first post, it seems that the persistence problem only surfaces once the admin tries to access the Repository section. All other sections (or most of them) seem to work fine.

That's why I suspect some inconsistency in how the Repository section is making the calls to the internal API.

Thank you,
Adrian

You must be logged in to post in the forum