Developer forum

Forum » Feature requests » Unsubscribe function for different groups

Unsubscribe function for different groups

Manon Wekking

Hi, 

We would like to have a function that an user can unsubscribe for a newsletter from a specific categorie, but still can be subscribed for a different newsletter categorie. 

(if the user is in different groups). Is this possible to make?

BR, 

Manon Wekking

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Mannon

you can do it per mail. See https://doc.dynamicweb.com/documentation-9/marketing/tools/email-marketing#2281

the same settings is on the recipient provider.

br Nicolai

Manon Wekking

Hi Nicolai, 

Thank you for your suggestion. I tried the function, I created a new top folder in email marketing en set the unsubscribe setting for this group so that is should delete the users who unsubscribes in that specific group. Then I made an user in that group and in another group. I created an email in the new top folder and added the groupd which I set in the settings that should delete the user from the group after unsubscribing. I send the mail, clicked on the unsubscrube link. Then I checked both of the groups where the user was in, and it is still in both groups. So it seems that this function doen't work? 

Hope to hear from you. 

BR,

Manon Wekking

Nicolai Pedersen

I've send this to QA for verification. Will get back to you.

BR Nicolai

Olga Shedko Dynamicweb Employee
Olga Shedko
This post has been marked as an answer

Hello Manon,

I was unable to reproduce this issue, for me all works as intended. Please repeat these steps below to make sure we are doing the same things:

1. Create 2 groups in Users area (for example name them 'Customers' and 'Unsubscribe') > add 1 User to both groups ('Allow email permission' should be set to True)

2. In Marketing/Email Marketing create new top folder > in top folder edit make sure that you set 'Remove user from this group' to True (please see attached screen) > save

3. Right click on created top folder and select 'Create new email' > in edit email make sure that you select one of created groups from Users area (in my example it's 'Unsubscribe' group, please see attached screen), fill in all required fields including Page > Send

4. When you receive email click on 'Unsibscribed' link

5. Go to Users area, don't forget to reload it > go to both groups - User should be removed from 'Unsubscribe' group, but stayed to be in 'Customers'

If you still get the same result (User still stays in both groups) - so please:

a. Specify on which version your solution is running

b. Attach screen dumps with settings or better record the video, maybe we missed someting

Thank you.

Best regards,
Olga | QA
Unsubscribed_email_settings.png Unsubscribe_top_folder_settings.png
Votes for this answer: 1

Manon Wekking

Hi Olga, 

This works in the way how you describe it, but in the group where I am still in is my email permissin gone. That's not what we want, we want to still have the email permission for the groups where you didn't sign out for. Is that possible?

BR, 

Manon 

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Manon

Yes, if you checkout the dump #2 from above, there is a checkbox "Remove Email Permission from user" that you have to leave unchecked.

Email permission is yes/no all over. Which groups you are a member of is something else... So just make sure email permissions are not removed (eventhough I am sure practically all users want to get removed totally when clicking unsubscribe...)

BR Nicolai