Developer forum

Forum » Feature requests » Translation key grouping

Translation key grouping

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi,

Working with other CMS's in the past I found it extremelly usefull was the ability to group translation keys. The parent could be a translation itself, or a "group", as long as we could add multiple levels so group translations contextually and logically.

This would help us developers and content managers group email related tags, or product related tags, which would be otherwise mixed and harder to understand our of context.

Example, we have a share on Twitter / Facebook feature that preppends @Translate("Look at what I just bought"). Looking at the backend trying to translate the +300 tags, it becomes confusing as to where and how this is applied. You need to be a developer and search on all templates for it.

One can argue that we can set the key to have some context, like @Translate("Twitter Look at what I just bought", "Look at what I just bought"), but if we are to follow (Rapido's) Translation convention (https://doc.dynamicweb.com/rapido/development/development/rapido-conventions#6449), that's not what we're supposed to do.

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Replies

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

+1