Developer forum

Forum » Feature requests » Support for hosting environments that use UNC paths.

Support for hosting environments that use UNC paths.

Jóhann Kristþórsson

Hello

I am having a problem with installing solutions on a shared hosting environment with two servers behind a load balancer.

They share a DFS directory that has the Files and Application folders.

Any time I try to boot up the application, when the IIS website points to a UNC path, I get an error from the Translations part of the system, after having a look at the decompiled .dlls it seems that the sqllite package you are using is unable to handle the double backslash at the start of the path.

I have managed to work around this by mapping a directory on to the local drive to the UNC path and then pointing the IIS to that directory.

This creates some management overhead for setting this up in our hosting environment and makes it impossible for us to use our automatic deployment tools.

Could anyone please confirm that this is a real problem and that I am not just missing something obvious? :)

Kind Regards

Jóhann

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Jóhann

Dynamicweb has never been tested with UNC paths and we do not support it officially - if you encounter specific exceptions related to it, we might be able to fix them - but we cannot promise a complete test and official support. Please submit exception/findings and your DW version (8 or 9) if you want us to look into this specific issue.

BR Nicolai