Developer forum

Forum » Feature requests » Repositories : error management

Repositories : error management

Gaëtan Di Caro

Hello,

We often have this problem, with our customers, that the index crashes for some reason. That's fair enough, but :

• We never know when that happens as there is not alert
  • When it happens, there is no automatic rebuild. Even worse, it requires a manual build to get going again : if I just let the integration run when the index has crashed earlier, the index won't be rebuilt

As such, we would really appreciate at least one of these things :

• Similar to the integration jobs, have an email sent when the index can't be built for some reason
  • Add a queuing mechanism, or an auto-rebuild (after x minutes ?) in case of crash.

Thanks

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Gaƫtan

It should not happen too often - then something is probably wrong in the setup. What kind of errors do you see?

You can already setup notifications on email when the index crashes - see dump. It could be an option to try a rebuild 2 times or so if the built fails.

BR Nicolai

Capture.PNG

Gaëtan Di Caro

Thanks Nicolai, I hadn't seen that feature.

it does not happen that often but it is a problem when a solution has many different scheduled integration tasks. Typical example is that a product import runs once a day, then every hour or so we need to import some fresh data (ex: prices, stock status, etc.), plus maybe an automatic rebuild of the index every so often. If I'm not very careful with how the scheduling is set up, the tasks can trip over each other. The integration itself handles that fine, but not the index : it will fail and not be rebuilt unless manually.

Another thing that could be useful is to specify that an integration job doesn't rebuild the index. Right now it's not possible, the index is in a multi-line select and it is not possible to remove (at least with ecom provider as destination).