Developer forum

Forum » Feature requests » Recipient providers

Recipient providers

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

Based on the requests we got so far from our customers, I believe it would be useful to have some additional Recipient providers. Or some configurable ones.

I am thinking specifically to "New customers provider" for customers that have just placed their first order and "New users provider" for users that have just registered.

What do you guys think?

Thank you,
Adrian

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Would a smart search not do the same?

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

I have 2 issues here. In the past, I have noticed a series of issues with SmartSearches for users. Because the users seem to be updated every time the smart search was updated, we have tried to use smart searches as little as possible. Especially when having multiple SmartSearches running at the same time. The second issue is the way to select users after they have placed their first order. And similarly, Users that have just been created. Of course, we can probably use "User created" or "Last Login" date but I have experienced some inconsistencies in data here as well. In various versions. Maybe the data issues are not there anymore, which would be awesome, but even so, I feel that a Recipient provider might be more reliable and efficient than a SmartSearch. Of course, I might be wrong as I have been with other assumptions in the past.

If you feel that SmartSearch is a reliable solution for the above scenarios, I can live with it.

Thank you,

Adrian