Developer forum

Forum » Feature requests » Product - Disable stock control

Product - Disable stock control

Nuno Aguiar

Hi,

It is very common to have stock items (regular products) where some can be backordered and others don't.

In other words:

• Because of a selection of products we need to have stock control enabled
  • For some products integration has to set them to 9999999 as stock - If there's no integration we need to set scheduled tasks to reset the numbers

Bottom line is that we'll always have a some stock amounts that are accurate and some that are not. Would be nice if we had a checkbox for "Allow backorder / Disable stock control".

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Replies

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars
Why don't you just set the type for these products to Service? Then stock control is not activated...

Nuno Aguiar

Hi Imar,

Because "Services" have no weight or volume. The UI displays those fields, but they are not accounted for in the order weight/volume, meaning you would get wrong shipping fees.

Best Regards,

Nuno

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

Ah, good point. So a fourth product type would then then help. Something like Stock product with no stock checking?

Nuno Aguiar

Hi Imar,

That could be an option too. My goal would be to make this process standard across projects and have clean and reliable data.

Best Regards,

Nuno

Nicolai Pedersen

We have it in the backlog already!

Mannon Wekking

Hi Nicolai,

We have this exact problem now, in our latest DW9 project. We changed our products to Service on your advice to Peter, since there should be no stock check, but now the order weight is calculated to zero.

How is the backlog looking for this issue?

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Mannon

Currently stock check is either on or off for the entire shop. I think your issue is that you have the check enabled and you do not want that. The request here is to have the check enabled by default so products out of stock cannot be ordered, except those that allows it.

BR Nicolai

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi Nicolai,

With 9.4 out (hopefully you're a bit more freeer), can you give me a status on this feature request?

This keeps comming up for our products.

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Nuno Aguiar

Bump... Any news?

Nicolai Pedersen

No news, no plans...

Nuno Aguiar

Hi Nicolai,

Thanks for confirming. I was hoping since it was in the backlog for 1 year now, but we'll just have to be a bit more patient :)

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar