Developer forum

Forum » Feature requests » PIM: Sorting of values in checkboxlist

PIM: Sorting of values in checkboxlist

Aki Ruuskanen
Aki Ruuskanen

Hi,

It would be very nice if I decide in wich order productcategory fields appear. 

For example the fields in the attached image, I would like to sort the selected property fields. 

Regards / Aki

pim-muliselect-list.png

Replies

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

+1

Nicolai Pedersen

I believe you can.

The red marked area of my screen dump is dragable so they can be sorted... So is the list of fields in the category.

You cannot sort the categories, because it would not make sense.

BR Nicolai

Capture.JPG

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

That's very nice. I have only tried to sort the fields inside of the ProductCategory list. Where they cannot be sorted.

It's very good that they can be sorted inside of the Display Categories.

Adrian

Nicolai Pedersen

Fields inside a category can also be sorted.

Aki Ruuskanen
Aki Ruuskanen

Sorry, I might have been a bit unclear. 

What I ment was the fields (in my case checkbox-lists), as I think Adrian means also. It does not seem to remeber the sorting? Or am I doing it wrong?

Screencast:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16DiwnHIKjHQ1HxbTptdSNt4RCOmkimZn/view

/Aki

Søren Jensen Dynamicweb Employee
Søren Jensen

Hi,

When you select/Add Property fields to a Product, it would be inserted & follow the sortorder, specified in "Add Property" window.

But if you choose a "Visible fields" definition, it would follow the sortorder in that

Hope that explain your senario

/Søren

Aki Ruuskanen
Aki Ruuskanen

Hi,

Original message by Søren Jensen posted on 28/01/2020 15:46:24:

Hi,

When you select/Add Property fields to a Product, it would be inserted & follow the sortorder, specified in "Add Property" window.

But if you choose a "Visible fields" definition, it would follow the sortorder in that

Hope that explain your senario

/Søren

That is not what happends in the screencast. I will try to explain with steps.

Here is what happendes in the screencast: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/16DiwnHIKjHQ1HxbTptdSNt4RCOmkimZn/view)

1. I click the "Add property" and after I click OK in the "Add property" the fields are sorted as they should. 
  2. I save the product. 
  3. Then I view another product. Click "Add property" and "OK". Here the fields are also sorted. Nice. And I save the product. 
  4. The I go back to the first product again. 
  5. The fields are no longer sorted as they were when I saved that product in step 2

Regards / Aki

Søren Jensen
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi,

I looked at your solution, and checked the two products you show in the Video .. and the behaviour seems to be correct.

Take a look in the "Visible fields", and find the fields you have on the Product. The sort ordering "field in between" are as they are shown.

If you change the sort ordering "field in between", it would follow that. (Sortordering are not following, what is set in "Add Property") 

/Søren

Votes for this answer: 1

Aki Ruuskanen
Aki Ruuskanen

OK, thanks for the clarification. 

One might argue for that the "Add property" window should be the source for ordering. We are going to have a very large number of fields in this solution and therefore it would be nice to be able to sort the fields in the window that actually shows what fields the current product has. 

Regarsd / Aki

Søren Jensen
This post has been marked as an answer

Correct .. I agree

I will create it as a new Feature in the "PIM backlog", and then We will look at it on a later stage.

/Søren

Votes for this answer: 1