Developer forum

Forum » Feature requests » New paragraph UX

New paragraph UX

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi,

While on a workshop with a customer I was confronted with a very user-friendly way of creating data blocks (what DW calls placeholders). 

The concept would be for when you click on "New paragraph" it would show on a side panel, much like this https://www.screencast.com/t/UF8siDW8 and you could actually drag and drop it into the position you want in the container.

Although this is a simple UI nice-to-have, the next phase would be to have each paragraph to render the paragraph in the backend (think of frontend editing), and by clicking on the paragrah, the item/paragraph fields could be available as a left side panel overlay for quick editing.

This allows for a single page in the backend where you can edit data from multiple paragraphs while in view similar to "frontend editing" but just for content placeholders. This probably makes more sense setting up newsletters pages, where customers are more likely to add different content types and have a configurator without having to go into 

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

wcm_drag_and_drop.jpg

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

Yes, I am working on exactly that. (Your dump is sitefinity I guess)

Votes for this answer: 1

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi Nicolai,

Great minds :)

(I got my dump from a google search :P just needed something visual to better explain myself)