Developer forum

Forum » Feature requests » Multiple tracking codes and invoices per order

Multiple tracking codes and invoices per order

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi,

More and more with B2B scenarios we see the following request:

• Multiple tracking codes
    Typically associated with orderlines, but there are edge cases where we have an orderline with 10 quantities and 2 are associated with tarcking code #1 and the other 8 with tracking code #2

• Multiple Invoice/Ledger Ids
    We already do this with custom fields, but would like to see this built into DW. We need to associate multiple Ledger IDs to an order
    If this were to be built-in, the UI could even link to the Ledger, so I am in an order and I can click on the Ledger ID to go straight to it (similar to what happens with recurring orders)

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Replies

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi Nuno,

I confirm we had similar requests as well.

In our case the situation was more like "split shipments" per order.

Usually when an order can be delivered partially. A shipment will then receive a Tracking ID and the invoice can be per shipment or per order.

That would be our use case. It would be helpful to have something similar in DW.

Adrian

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi,

Let me update this feature request with some of our most common needs:

• We almost always need multiple shipments per order
  • We would find it better to add a dynamic number of track and trace numbers on the orderline (not the order)
    • Customers request 10x Product A, and the webshop sends them in 2 shipments sometimes from different carriers
    • If on the orderline we could assign multiple track and track methods and parameters it would solve for it

We can currently do this by adding orderline fields and or custom tables and making sure it all works in the frontend, but then the backend features related to Track and Trace become useless (and from our customer's POV misleading because they don't go to the Track and Trace icon to manage Track and Trace).

So it would be nice to have Dynamicweb support multiple track and trace methods + numbers per orderline, rather than just per order.

As Adrian mentioned, some customers also tied the Ledgers to the Order, and usually Ledgers have only 1 trace and trace number. If i doing this we could assign ledgers to an order and/or and orderline, we would have a more robust and yet flexible structure.

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Tomas Gomez

Similar requirements around here.

Are there any news about it?

BR,
Tomas