Developer forum

Forum » Feature requests » Integration of groups : choose root id

Integration of groups : choose root id

Gaëtan Di Caro

Hello,

I often have this issue concerning the integration of groups : in my source, for the "ParentGroups" column, the id representing the root of the shop fluctuates depending on the solutions. Sometimes I'm given an empty string, sometimes NULL, sometimes 0, sometimes even an id corresponding to the root of the imported shop in whatever ERP the data comes from. However, the integration expects NULL for groups at the root of the shop.

Right now my solution is to do some pre-processing (e.g SQL View). It would be nice to be given an option to choose what value we want to mean "root".

Thanks

Replies

Dmitriy Benyuk Dynamicweb Employee
Dmitriy Benyuk

Hi Gaƫtan,
it is not clear where do you have the problems with "ParentGroups" column. Is it when you are using Ecom provider as a source or when it is a destination?
If it is happening when Ecom is a Source: could you attach the screen of your groups hierarchy/database view and wrong data in the xml file?
If it is happening when Ecom is Destination: could you attach the xml you are trying to import?
Regards,
Dmitrij

Gaëtan Di Caro

I'm using Ecom provider as a destination (and sql provider with views as source).

Let's say I have a shop (SHOP1), and I want to import my group hierarchy there. Let's say I have 3 groups : A, B and C with each a couple of subgroups.

In the data source, DynamicWeb is expecting that the column "ParentGroups" for A, B and C contains NULL, in order to place them at the root of the shop. However, depending on our customers, we can be provided with other values (usually empty string, 0, or another specific id). I work around this by transforming this value in an sql view, but it would be much more practical to be able to choose that directly in the integration job setup.