Developer forum

Forum » Feature requests » Improve translations in the backend

Improve translations in the backend

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

Hi there,

It's currently pretty difficult to manage translations in the backend for frontend content. The following would help to make this a lot easier:

1. Implement an "editable grid" where you can have multiple languages in edit mode with their values side by side. Then you can look at the key / default value and easily supply values for the language(s) you're translating to. It would be fine if the number of records was limited to a fixed number per page to avoid performance issues.

2. Have search remember its selection. Currently, when you search for a key, make a translation and then save your changes, the list jumps back to full mode and you lose your search. This makes it really difficult to, say, search for all cart related items and translate them. If #1 was implemented, I could easily modify content from my search results in the language(s) I have selected.

3. Support Import / Export. Doing a large translation from the UI or XML files is not much fun. It would be awesome if we could export the keys to an XLS or CSV file and translate them offline. Then later on importing that same file would create the / update the Translations.xml file.

Imar

Replies

Anders Ebdrup
Anders Ebdrup

+1

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

+1

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

+1