Developer forum

Forum » Feature requests » Expire date on vouchers

Expire date on vouchers

Jonas Krarup Dam

We have a customer that would like to send a voucher to newsletter subscribers when they sign up.

They want that voucher to expire after 30 days.

As far as I can tell, there is no way to set an expire date for a voucher - you can only set an end-date for a discount, which isn't really useful in this scenario.

It would make sense to have a "valid period" for voucher-lists (x days or y weeks, or something), and an expire date for the individual vouchers.

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Jonas

A voucher will never do anything without a discount, so the expiration is on the discount. You can also see on a voucher list page the expiration date based on the discount that uses the list, see dump #1

BR Nicolai

Capture.PNG

Jonas Krarup Dam

Hi Nicolai,

I know that's how it works now :-) 

However, when I use the VoucherRenderer module to create new vouchers, it would make sense for those vouchers to have limited validity. 

This is not easy to accomplish by setting the expiration on the discount, since that is locked to a specific date.

If I want to have an automatic "thank you for signing up to our newsletter, here is a voucher code that is good for then next 30 days" email (or a similar "abandoned cart" email, or any other automated email flow with a voucher), I would have to set up a new discount every day, with a different expiration date, and update my voucher list, my discount and my email template.

Adding an optional ValidityPeriod to a voucher list, and an expiration date to each voucher code, would make this much much simpler.

Regards, Jonas

Nicolai Pedersen

Point taken - thanks for clarifying, problem understood!

I will look into it and see if it can fit the plans.

BR Nicolai