Developer forum

Forum » Feature requests » Edit CART in the backend and update frontend

Edit CART in the backend and update frontend

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi,

We have a need to update carts in the backend, so that some Sales Reps could update carts for their customers. Currently the UI allows you to update carts, but:

• It forces OrderCart = 0
    We could override this by running a SQL Update - but it would be great if DW left this field untouched

• The user only sees the update after a pool recycle
    Seems like the order is kept in memory. Any way that cache key could be disposed?

(Using 9.6.3)

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Replies

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

Frontend impersonation maybe? Editing the cart in the backend feels wrong to me....

Nuno Aguiar

Hi Imar,

That's a workaround, but increases scope/development in projects we may have not estimated for. In this scenario (Sweetums), there's no frontend area for Sales Reps to go in, so we'd need to develop a few more things to support that, when "editing" an "order/cart" works almost out of the box.

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Nicolai Pedersen

I have no fast solution to this issue. You could create a ordersaved notification subscriber to fix the issue. But I am not sure how we would ensure that the cart in the memory at a customer gets the update... Maybe in a cartload subscriber of some sort that will check if a cart has been modified and needs a reload...?

Nuno Aguiar

Thank you for the suggestion Nicolai,

We'll assess that VS the need to do some frontend editing (since there are other benefits). Hopefully the customer is willing to pay for that.

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar