Developer forum

Forum » Feature requests » Data Integration Export should not export deleted Items

Data Integration Export should not export deleted Items

Hans Ravnsfjall
Hans Ravnsfjall

Hi

we have at solution that is based on Item Based Pages. The costumers needs are that the active pages can be exported as data (csv, excel etc.). That works fine with the Data Integration module. But there is a problem.

I understand that as matter of caution, when Item Pages are deleted - they are not deleted from the database. That is a big problem for the Export, because the export exports all records. Also those that the costumer has deleted. That is not a wanted scenarie in our case, and I can imagine that in most scenaries - it is not a wanted behaviour.

Therefore I suggest that you set the Items Export to only export active Items. Optionally, you could make it selectable which items should be exported - like eg. in the Item Publisher module.

/Hans

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Hans

If a page is deleted it is moved to the recycle bin - and should not be in the database of pages. So you should not see the data in the export. So this sounds like a bug or bad data.

Can you show how you export is setup? And what data you get out you should not. We will then try to replicate it and find the error. Also which version are you running?

BR Nicolai

Hans Ravnsfjall
Hans Ravnsfjall

Hi Nicolai

the solution is skipalistin.dw9.dyna......

The export is called Export. It should only export the pages that are active in the structue, but instead - it exports deleted rows as well

/Hans

Dmitriy Benyuk Dynamicweb Employee
Dmitriy Benyuk

Hi Hans,
when the item based page is deleted - it is deleted from the database and also the item associated with this page is deleted from the database too.
So it is not yet clear what is the problem as I can not reach your solution.
Can you share a working url to your web site? You can send it to dbe@dynamicweb-cms.com
Regards, Dmitrij

Hans Ravnsfjall
Hans Ravnsfjall

Hi

the solution is here http://skipalistin.dw9.dynamicweb-cms.com/

/Hans

Dmitriy Benyuk Dynamicweb Employee
Dmitriy Benyuk

Hi Hans,
I've made a sample job called ExportWithConditions which is exporting the items associated with the pages by adding a condition for RelevantPageID column.
Hope this will help you with the other items export too.
Regards, Dmitrij