Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Viewing Gift Cards in Admin

Viewing Gift Cards in Admin

Terri Donahue
Terri Donahue

When trying to view Gift Cards under the Management tab under Ecommerce/Orders, we get the following error. We are running 8.9.2.9 of the application.

Exception information: 
    Exception type: CryptographicException 
    Exception message: Length of the data to decrypt is invalid.
   at System.Security.Cryptography.RijndaelManagedTransform.TransformFinalBlock(Byte[] inputBuffer, Int32 inputOffset, Int32 inputCount)
   at System.Security.Cryptography.CryptoStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadBuffer()
   at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadToEnd()
   at Dynamicweb.SystemTools.Crypto.Decrypt(String source, String key)
   at Dynamicweb.eCommerce.GiftCards.GiftCard.Fill(IDataReader reader)
   at Dynamicweb.eCommerce.GiftCards.GiftCard.GetGiftCardsByQuery(CommandBuilder query)
   at Dynamicweb.Admin.GiftCards.GiftCardsList.FillList()
   at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Any ideas how to resolve this?

Thanks,

Terri

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Terri

Looks like some kind of bad data. Did you by any chance get some data into this from an import?

Anyways - I've asked QA to investigate if they can reproduce this. We might need your data to verify - maybe you can even pin it to a specifc record?

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

BR Nicolai

Terri Donahue
Terri Donahue

Hi Nicolai,

I don't think any of the data would have come from an import. We did copy an existing site and db to make this 'version' of the site. How would I go about pinpointing a specific record?

Thanks,

Terri

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hi all,

I have tried to check the issue on couple my test solutions with ecom uses different currencies and don't have any issue regarding buying-listing-using gift card, tested DW version - last DW8.9.2.17. as well as on old DW8.9.2.6. Please, find the proof-attached screenshots show the list has old/new just created-used card. Perhaps, cause of the exception is any issue during DB backup-restoring or other ones corresponding to the specific solution, so extra investigation needs. 

BR, Oleg QA

2018-01-18_1020.png 2018-01-18_1035.png 2018-01-18_1043.png

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hi all again,

I was able reproduce the issue when too many gift-cards (200 in my test) are created at once, the exception occurs in cart frontend as well as the gift-card list. New TFS 44807 has been created against the bug, will be fixed on further DW hotfixes/release. Thanks!

BR, Oleg QA

Terri Donahue
Terri Donahue

Hi All,

I found the issue. There really is an invalid gift card encrypted value that was created for a real web order. Luckily the client only has 79 giftcards I was able to find the bad one. I can't open the web order either since it causes the same error. We are using standard gift card functionality if that helps narrow down how this could happen.

Kristian Kirkholt Dynamicweb Employee
Kristian Kirkholt

Hi Terri

The problem regarding #44807 "Error exception when too many gift-cards are created" has now been resolved in Dynamicweb version 9.3.12
(This will also be part of 8.9.2.18 coming version)

To upgrade please choose this version from backend or download from here:

http://doc.dynamicweb.com/releases-and-downloads/releases

Let me know if you need any more help regarding this

Kind Regards
Dynamicweb Support
Kristian Kirkholt

You must be logged in to post in the forum