Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » VAT for specific site in solution.

VAT for specific site in solution.

Per Jensen

I have 2 sites in a solution, and I would like to set VAT for each site specific.

1) So System VAT is not a option.
2) Setting VAT on each country is not a option, as countries are solutionwide (Country name can be translated, but VAT is bound together)

Then I end up with GroupVAT, that I then have to attach to all product groups.
As I mainly have one specific VAT, and then another VAT for some specific products, it would be nice if I could set a "default" VAT for a specific site? Is that posible?

Another thing I was wondering, is this field :

What does that checkbox do?

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen

Why would you want to do that? Sounds very illegal... :-)

Per Jensen

Its a quite old solution, and on one site, the customer have imported products where the price is already including a 7% VAT, so for this site Dynamicweb should just ignore VAT (so it is 0% in the system)
On the other site, some products should have a 5,5% VAT and others a 20% VAT, and these VAT's should be handled by Dynamicweb.
So if I could set the "site" VAT for the 2nd site to 20%, and then just with GroupVAT set the 5,5% on the Groups that it applies to, that would be a easy way to maintain it.

(Site 2 is for the european market, and site 1 is meant for other markets)

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Per

Yes, but that is not having the different VAT for different countries. 

Dynamicweb does not support having both prices with and without VAT in the database without using the price matrix in 9.12+ (it has an option to hold prices including a country specific VAT).

BR Nicolai

You must be logged in to post in the forum