Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » T2.2 tutorial: cannot place order.

T2.2 tutorial: cannot place order.

Ronnie Poulsen
Ronnie Poulsen

Hi,

I am going through the "T2: Ecommerce" training module prior to taking the C2 certification. In "Tutorial 2: shopping cart & checkout" (https://doc.dynamicweb.com/training/t2-ecommerce/t2-ecommerce-marketing-implementer/2-2-shopping-cart-checkout#5273) I have set up the shopping cart, and added a product to it. After filling out the name and address informations and so on, when I click "Place order" - I am being sent back to the "Show cart" step, instead of being sent forward to the "Receipt" step. Also, no order is being placed in the backend, no matter how many times I go through the steps and click "Place order". Am I missing something here? Do I have to activate something, that is not written in the tutorial? And how do I find out, what is wrong with my checkout flow?

/Ronnie 

Replies

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Ronnie,

If you use admin lower than DW9.7.4 and base templates then the issue is related to wrong processing with 'Customer acceptance' checked or 'Custom validation groups settings' set in Field Validation section of your cart. Use DW9.7.4 or try to disable/remove the options otherwise.

BR, Oleg QA 

Votes for this answer: 1

Ronnie Poulsen
Ronnie Poulsen

Hi Oleg,

Thank you for your reply. I was at DW9.7.2 and have now upgraded to DW9.7.4. However I am now getting another error. After filling out my informations and clicking "Place order" it says "Validation Error: Payment method: The payment method is not set".

Strangely enough "Payment methods" has not been explained in the tutorials at this point. Are there a way of disabling payment on your order to make this work?

P.S. this tutorial is starting to get on my nerves indecision

/Ronnie

Ronnie Poulsen
Ronnie Poulsen

I fixed the payment issue by creating an "Invoice" payment method with card type = none. The order is placed now, but I am still getting the following template errors:

Error compiling template "Designs/OnePageWonder/eCom7/CartV2/Step/Receipt.cshtml"
Line 652: The type or namespace name 'Dates' does not exist in the namespace 'Dynamicweb' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
Line 735: The type or namespace name 'Input' does not exist in the namespace 'Dynamicweb' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
Line 851: The type or namespace name 'Input' does not exist in the namespace 'Dynamicweb' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Ronnie Poulsen
Ronnie Poulsen

I have now set up a fresh new project and gone through the tutorial from the start. Placing orders works now, and I get the receipt page without errors. On the old project I used the OnePageWonder design, and on the new I am using the standard DW design. So it could look like there's a problem with the OnePageWonder templates in this context.

I still have to do the payment work around I mentioned earlier though. The Dynamicweb guys should really update the tutorial to reflect this.

/Ronnie

You must be logged in to post in the forum