Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Stop sharing carts

Stop sharing carts

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

Hi there,

We have a web site where we use impersonation. When two users can impersonate the same customer, they end up seeing / modifying each other's cart. Is there a way to prevent that from happening? I know there's the "Cart Isolation" feature, but that may be too much. (If I understand it's purpose correctly, it's a machine-specific cart so if I log in on machine 2 I don't see my cart I created on machine 1, which is not what we need).

I don't mind doing this through code if I have to.

Thanks,

Imar

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

So cart context not on the user, but on the user+impersonater?

Imar Spaanjaars

Yes, I think that would solve it.

Bottom line is that "per human logging in" I'd like to have a separate cart. So when you and I work for and can impersonate the same company, I shouldn't see your cart nor should you see mine.

In a broader perspective though we may need something more flexible or configurable / programmable. One request we see more and more is cart approval where I can create a cart and then have you approve it and complete the order. That would require a way to dynamically load a cart that you didn't necessarily own previously. The ability to assign a cart to a user through code would solve this (a subscriber maybe) and maybe also could have solved my initial request (loading a cart from the database based on some custom fields for example and then associating it with the user).

Does this make sense? Happy to explain further.

Nicolai Pedersen

So a cartcontext key provider?

Imar Spaanjaars

That sounds about right.....

Anders Ebdrup
Anders Ebdrup

Hello,

Has this issue been adressed in DW?

Best regards, Anders

Nicolai Pedersen

Nope.

But I think you can accomplish this to some extend by setting the attached checkbox. See dump.

That will of course not work if user a logs in on 2 different devices and impersonates the same company and expect the same cart...

Capture.PNG

You must be logged in to post in the forum