Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Solution with multiple VAT-rates: VAT is changed on order, whenever the order is completed

Solution with multiple VAT-rates: VAT is changed on order, whenever the order is completed

Michael Antonsen

Hi everyone,

I am experiencing a very peculiar case in Dynamicweb with the VAT on the orders. The solution in question, is currently selling products from a Danish site with Danish VAT on the products.

We have been tasked with setting up a new South African site on the same solution that sells from a different product catalog with a different VAT rate (14%). 

The VAT is shown correctly on the carts, but as soon as the customer proceeds to the payment and the cart is turned into an order, the VAT is changed back to the Danish rate.

Here is an image from the log where the total price changes to use Danish VAT instead of the South African VAT: https://www.screencast.com/t/4fgKqUW419 (1,841.23 is the correct total price)

If anyone knows what might be the issue here, please let me know :)

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Michael

Uh oh, VAT! It can be tricky - it might be the setup of something on the solution. I think it is best if I let the service desk contact you so they can run through the setup with you.

You can check that the checkout page is 2 different pages in 2 different websites with 2 different countries set. And also make sure that the country on the order is set to the right country in the context.

Another note - when you start dealing with VAT in different countries, it is always recommended that prices in the database is without VAT so that we do not have to subtract the system vat before adding the country vat.

Anyways - I've forwarded this to service desk who will contact you (Monday probably)

Thanks, Nicolai

Michael Antonsen

Hi Nicholai and thank you for your reply!

I've found the problem now and resolved is. Of course it was a low-practical thing that needed to be changed:

The shop in question had no country-selection on the checkout-page, which meant that the customer and delivery country was hardcoded to "DK" in the template (Doh'). I've changed this to ZA and now it works as supposed to :).

Regardless, your reply really helped me figure this out, so thank you again!

You must be logged in to post in the forum