Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Show in Product List - How is it working?

Show in Product List - How is it working?

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

I have a bit of confusion about this field that is displayed on the product list.

I see that any newly added product, has a value of "False" for Show in Product List. And I don;t see any option to turn that value to True. I initially thought it is connected to the Back Catalog checkboxes but it seems that this is not the case.

I assume the value is set automatically since I have also products that have been imported from NAV and they have a value of "True".

Can anybody shed some light onto how is this working?

Thank you,
Adrian

Replies

Adrian Ursu

Hi Guys,

Really? Nobody knows how this is supposed to work?

Thank you,
Adrian

Tan Pang Lin Dynamicweb Employee
Tan Pang Lin

Dear Adrian

I am not sure whether I can help you.   This field seems to be is a field from PIM and cocntrol from PIM.  There is no option that can be edited in ecommerce>product catalogue module.

What I did is to write a batch schedule integration job,  in that job,  I set that to true if it was false.    However,  I also have another condition to set it to false if the proudct is part of the family group,  this is becuase my customer only want to show One represent family product and not all just like variants.

Hope it help

Thanks

Pang Lin 

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi Adrian,

Like Tan Pagn Lin said, it's just a boolean available in PIM. You can later use it in the Repository Query to control it if you want to.

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Adrian Ursu

Thank you guys for the answer.

@Dynamicweb: In this case, maybe it would make sense that the PIM specific fields should not be visible for Ecommerce only solutions. It is confusing for the customers and generates unneeded questions that we cannot answer properly to.

Should I place this as a feature request?

Thank you,
Adrian

Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

I have investigated further and apparently the field in question has some issues.

Particularly when adding a product from the interface. The ProductShowInProductList ias set in the database to have a default value of 1. Which means importing products will work without any issues. But for some reason, when adding products from the interface, it is set to 0.

And because of that, the variants will not show up on the product. I am not sure if this is a bug or a feature but I need a way to give the admin a way to set it to "True".

I can understand the newly added products should not be visible in the product list until you are ready to publish them and this was my initial explanation to the customer. But we also need a way to be able to set them to show in the list once the admin is ready, EVEN WITHOUT PIM.

I hope you guys (Dynamicweb) can find a solution to this problem. If I am doing something wrong and there is already a way to handle this, please let me know.

Just for context, I am using DW 9.5.5 and Rapido 3.0.

Thank you,
Adrian

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Adrian

It is a Rapido related issue. Just remove the parameter from the search that takes "Show in list" into consideration.

BR Nicolai

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

Thank you, but I don't have this condition in the Query.

www.allmedia.sk in case you want to have a look.

Thank you,
Adrian

You must be logged in to post in the forum