Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Shipping Method Name disappears after payment

Shipping Method Name disappears after payment

Mafalda Correa
Mafalda Correa

Hi,

In the project I'm working on the customer doesn't select the Shipping Method instead this is preselected, but the Shipping Method Name and ID disappear after payment.

Shipping Method is selected and visible throughout the whole checkout process, up until Payment page, but after the payment is done, Shipping Method disappears from the database.

I've recorded a screencast to better show what is happening:

https://www.screencast.com/t/iQ5aIAZK

Note: I'm using Dynamicweb 9.4.15.

Mafalda Correa

Replies

Morten Bengtson Dynamicweb Employee
Morten Bengtson

Hi Mafalda,

If you are using live integration then try to enable logging of request and response xml (Settings > Integration > Integration Framework Live).
Then go through the checkout process again. Take a look at the request and response xml files and see if the shipping name and id is lost between the request sent from DW and the response returned from the ERP.

Best regards,
Morten

Mafalda Correa
Mafalda Correa

Live Integration is off. When we allow the Step 2 (where customer chooses the shipping method), everything works fine, so the problem isn't from live integration.

https://www.screencast.com/t/O41oXma0Y

Nicolai Pedersen

You might want to check your step templates that they do contain the shippingmethod field the right way. If you submit an empty value on a step, it could remove it...

Mafalda Correa
Mafalda Correa

I've checked the templates. The other steps are not submitting anything to the ShippingMethod. I believe that it's because we're never submitting anything that, after payment/checkout, Dynamicweb loses the "default shipping method" reference.

I've now worked around the issue by hardcoding/forcing the ShippingMethod in a hidden field in the first step, but this shouldn't be necessary when I only have one Shipping method which is default and is correctly read as such by DW throughout the whole process until the payment phase.

You must be logged in to post in the forum