Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Repository Task Scheduler

Repository Task Scheduler

Terri Donahue
Terri Donahue

Hi guys,

I have enabled a repository task for Products to run periodically. The logs show a running and completed status as expected. However, the index isn't updated. 

Log file:
2019-02-20 10:55:01.238: Running.
2019-02-20 10:55:01.442: Completed.

Index files:
https://www.screencast.com/t/aHagdQH4VpQL 

Backend Index image:
https://www.screencast.com/t/XSk6WZeGpwc

Note, the update time on the files. How can I troubleshoot this to determine why the index is in fact not getting updated?

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Terri

Maybe you are looking in the wrong folder? Or take a look in the dw eventviewer in settings->system to see if anything is to be seen.

And it would also be helpful if we could see more in your screendumps - which folder your are in etc.

Thanks, Nicolai

Terri Donahue
Terri Donahue

This site is running on 9.4.11 so the Event Viewer doesn't have much info in it. Now that I am poking around, it is also throwing a lot of errors in the backend. I updated that Product task scheduler to run hourly, and it is still running every 5 minutes and now it is failing. Digging in to see what else I can find and then I'll provide an update.

Terri Donahue
Terri Donahue

Have you seen any issues having multiple indexes defined in a repository? This site is running on 9.4.11. If I delete the PIM Products, I do not get that error creating the task. The settings are saved, and the index rebuilds as scheduled. If I am lucky enough to get the settings saved, to point to Products rather than PIM Products, the log shows as successful but the index isn't rebuilt. I can provide a download of this solution if needed.

https://www.screencast.com/t/GZLGHPRlMf 

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Terri

The first thing we would do would be to upgrade and run the thing without any custom code. Could you try the same?

The exception in the video also gives a pointer maybe: "invalid postback or callback argument" - could be some web.config issues that is worth to look into.

BR Nicolai

Aki Ruuskanen
Aki Ruuskanen

Hi,

We are experiencing the same issue. 

Terri, did you find any cause or solution?

Regards / Aki

Terri Donahue
Terri Donahue

Hi Aki,

I have not had a chance to troubleshoot further. I'm the admin and pointed out to my devs that it works fine if one of the indexes is removed. I left it to them to troubleshoot further. I'll reach out and see if they determined root cause and will post back. For the record, we have very customized solutions so it may not be core code related.

Aki Ruuskanen
Aki Ruuskanen

Hi Terri,

Thanks, very appriciated. yes

Our solutions are very customized also so thats ok. smiley

/Aki

Aki Ruuskanen
Aki Ruuskanen

Hi,

Might have fixed our problem. In our case it was as simple as adding permissions for the index-folders for the user that executes the scheduled task. 

I'm going to monitor it a while but that is the change we made. 

Regards / Aki

You must be logged in to post in the forum