Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Product fields editing is misbehaving

Product fields editing is misbehaving

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys, 

I have a solution running on DW 9.10.13 where I am experiencing a pretty annoying behavior of the interface when trying to add or edit Product fields or ProductCategoryFields. It does not happen for Group Fields.

Whenever I hit "Save" or Save and close" the interface does not react in any way. The moment I click outside of the interface, the loader starts spinning and the Save action takes a few minutes regardless of what I change on the field.

It is true that I have about 6000 ProductCategoryFields in the system and around 50 ProductFields but these numbers do not seem so out of line for a PIM system.

I have tried updating the indexes on the tables but without any luck. The behavior is not specific to 9.10.13, I have first noticed it since the initial installation of this solution,  n earlier versions of 9.10. But it seemed to worsen as we have added or imported more fields.

I m wondering if there is any misconfiguration on our end.

Thank you,
Adrian

Replies

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hi,

I was not able to catch any issue with creating/saing of new/existing product/product category field on test environment based DW9.12. The specific issue seems to sound like your one raisen before in https://doc.dynamicweb.com/forum/ecommerce-standard-features?ThreadID=70417 Please, confirm your have followed the recomendations nowadays as well.

BR, Oleg QA

Adrian Ursu

Hi Oleg,

I don't have anything below ItemTypes in the GlobalSettings.ashx:

I am also attaching the GlobalSettings file for your reference. Maybe you can spot the issue..

I have reposted the issue (although in a different solution) because I was convinced that it was supposed to be fixed already.

I believe the performance degrades as you add more fields and options to the system. I cannot say if this behavior is triggered by the import of these fields and options as I cannot possibly add 6000 fields by hand in the interface.

Thank you,

Adrian

Adrian Ursu

Hi Oleg,

Any other suggestions?

This part is going to be very used by the admins and I need to start teaching them how to do it.

Thank you,

Adrian

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hi

The issue is one reproduced on your specific solution only, so refer to support to submit new case can be researched if still relevant.

BR, Oleg QA

Adrian Ursu

Hi Oleg,

I have sent a request to support.

Thank you,
Adrian

You must be logged in to post in the forum