Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Product field of type image with focal point

Product field of type image with focal point

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi,

I am working very enriched/custom product detail templates. Among a lot of little things I need the ability to have focal points on images. 

Is there a quick way, just like on Items, for me to create field of type Image with focal point?

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

I am affraid not.

Nuno Aguiar

That's unfortunate. I will be posting some feature requests (hopefully quick ones that make you and your team excited about) for ecommerce fields laugh

Nicolai Pedersen

Yes, but it is not very simple because support for focal points requires another way of storing data in the database that can cause multiple issues with image details, main image and missing support with image patterns. So it is not an easy task.

Nuno Aguiar

I understand.

My goal wasn't about replacing existing main images and whatnot. I see this as a marketing need and would not expect it to be associated with main image, patterns. Maybe Image categories, but not right now.

Having that possibility of a field, if a customer really wanted to micro-manage focal points on main/default/pattern images, we could just built it custom for them.

Currently the alternative will be to create Items and associate them with Products, which I am trying to move away from, give how that increases the complexity for customers to remember off where to go to fully manage their product plus settings backend permissions plus template customizations and all of the minor details that come with it.

You must be logged in to post in the forum