Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Problem with Assortment Navigation

Problem with Assortment Navigation

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

Long time, no posts :)

I have an issue with a website where we are using assortments.

I have had the issue in the past (on DW 8.x) and i hoped the issue would be gone in DW 9.x but apparently it is still there.

What I am experiencing is the product list is filtered correctly but the EcomGroups list in the navigation is not.

My guess is the problem is related on how the exclusion is done. I am not 100% sure about it but it seems to be the last idea that I can think of.

I have noticed that the categories that sho in menu have an ID similar with the ID of a category that is supposed to show in navigation.
For example, GROUP364 is not supposed to show in navigation becuase there is no product in the assortment assigned to it but category GROUP36 is allowed to show.

I have found a few more categories in this situation, therefore coming to the above conclusion.

Can anybody investigate and confirm? Anybody else having a similar issue?

Thank you,
Adrian

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Adrian

If you provide a simple scenario with steps to reproduce, I'll have QA test it. We have looked into this before without finding issues. We cannot debug from your description above. You need to narrow it down and let us know.

Thanks and sorry about the inconvenience.

BR Nicolai

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

I believe it's hard to describe a scenario for reproducing it as I think it might matter the number of users and assortments.

If you allow me 15 minutes during the summit, I can show it to you first hand.

Thank you,
Adrian

Nicolai Pedersen

We can share a beer :-).

I think it will be better to report this with a video to the service desk. They are also present at Summit, so you can talk to them there.

See you soon!

Nicolai

Adrian Ursu

Definitely!

I will create a video and post it to support.

I believe showing it live might shed some light into the issue.

Let's do it both. I will prepare a video for support, and we can review it during the summer for a few minutes.

Thank you,
Adrian 

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

We have investigated the issue and looked in the source code of SimpleAssortmentNavigationProvider and we found why the navigation showed groups without products.

Apparently, the navigation includes groups that contain products that are not assigned to assortments.

If I have Product1 and Product2 assigned to Group1 and Group2 and I set an assortment Assortment1 based on Group2 for User 1, User1 will see also Group1 in navigation even if Product1 is not in Assortment1.

I am not sure if this was intended or not but that's how it works right now.

My expectation would be that User1 will only see Group2 in navigation. Displaying Group1 for User1 does not have any use since there will be no products in it.

I hope this helps.

Adrian

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Adrian

I'll have QA test the setup. I do not know what is supposed to happen - there have been so many opinions over time, that I cannot tell. Anyways - we will test it first, and I'll discuss with the Ecommerce team.

BR Nicolai

Morten Buhl Dynamicweb Employee
Morten Buhl

Bug confirmed and registered as 56166

/Morten

Kristian Kirkholt Dynamicweb Employee
Kristian Kirkholt

Hi Adrian

The problem regarding #56166 "Problem with Assortment Navigation" has now been resolved in Dynamicweb version 9.5.6

To upgrade please choose this version from download:

http://doc.dynamicweb.com/releases-and-downloads/releases

Let me know if you need any more help regarding this

Kind Regards
Dynamicweb Support
Kristian Kirkholt

You must be logged in to post in the forum