Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Paying with loyalty points

Paying with loyalty points

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

I have this solution where I have activated Loyalty points rewards.

Everything is fine when earning loyalty points but I have no idea how to allow the customer to use points in the checkout.

I am using Rapido 3.0 and DW9.5

Just to be clear, I want to allow the user to use some of the points from his account without having to click "buy for points" from the product detail page.

Thank you,
Adrian

Replies

Morten Snedker Dynamicweb Employee
Morten Snedker

Hi Adrian,

The reason why it is a click-option by default, is that you have to use the full amount of points given on the product settings. If a product has a $ price of 100, and its loyalty points is set to 1000, you cannot use 500 loyalty points and then buy the product for $50. So, if this is what you ask for, then the answer is "we do not support it".

If that is not what you want to obtain, then you need to a bit more explicit, and perhaps point out what is missing in the documentation at https://doc.dynamicweb.com/rapido/features/ecommerce/loyalty-points (and its sub-links).

BR
Morten

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi Morten,

Since there is a value translation for the points, my expectation (and alos customer's expectation) would be to use Loyalty points as a discount for the whole order.

Which would mean you could use whatever payment method to cover the difference.

Since Nicolai expressed his willingness to handle any feature that is supported by Magento, here is the description for Loyalty Points for Magento Shop owners:

https://www.magestore.com/rewardpoints

Since Magento ids a lot more popular than DW, I would expect that their functionalities to set the standard for our potential customers. They would expect nothing less from an Omnichannel solution.

Please let me know if I am wrong in my assumption.

Thank you,
Adrian

You must be logged in to post in the forum