Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » PartsList stock availability

PartsList stock availability

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

I am trying to use PartsList for a specific case in one of our projects.

My question is related to the availability of the parts list in case one of the parts gets out of stock.

How is the availability of the PartsList ProductCalculated? Does it take into consideration the stock of the individual parts? Or just the Stock set on the PartList product?

Thank you,

Adrian

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Just stock on the parts list product when showed. When in the cart and you but the parts list, the stock should get deducted for each of the BOM products.

BR Nicolai

Adrian Ursu

Thank you Nicolai.

Would it make sense to add a feature request for calculating the availability of the PartsList based on the availability of the Parts?

For cases where we should not allow users to order products that are not available, this feature is pretty important.

Thank you,

Adrian

Nicolai Pedersen

Yes, but it is near impossible to cover all scenarios. It is a configurable list - sometimes you can configure 0 or 2 of one of the items in the list. When would it be available then?? Thats why it relies on the stock level of the main product to control if the product appears. Then the logic have to be implemented in the frontend to define if the product can be added or not. Is all products in the configuration available in the configured amounts?

BR Nicolai

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

I understand the complexity of the scenarios.

I would say, for predetermined list of products and quantities, the availability of the kit should be based on the lowest availability of the parts. Similar with the availability of the parent product based on the stock of the variants. Maybe adding an additional tag with the availability calculated based on the composition of the PartsList? PartsListAvailableAmount?

For PartList that are configurable (select a product from this list), maybe allowing to select just the products that are available? I know there is sometime an option to allow backorder, therefore this option might not be ideal. Instead you might need to add a setting similar with how the price is calculated. Fixed, Calculated, Fixed + Changes.

You guys know better what you can do and the best compination of development and compromise.

I am not sure if this functionality would be helpful for a lot of cases, I just seen the need for it in one of DWNA new projects.

Thank you,

Adrian

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

+1

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

Has this ever been added or changed? Or is the situation still the same where stock is subtracted from the individual parts and the list when you order something, and the stock of the list stands on its own? Currently a parts list is still marked as available when it has its own stock level, even when one or more of the parts have a level of 0. Manually updating the list stock is a bit of a pain....

Nicolai Pedersen

No changes to this. Same issues. Has to be handled in the frontend implementation.

You must be logged in to post in the forum