Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Order crash during checkout (Duplicate orders)

Order crash during checkout (Duplicate orders)

Maik Van Sark

Hi,

I noticed that some orders 'crash' during the final step and DW creates a new order and completes this new order. I have searched the logs but couldn't find anything. 
Attached is a screenshot where DW has created duplicate orders and logs of both orders.
Were running on version 9.6.3. I have tried to reproduce this but I couldn't. Does anyone have any idea when and why this problem occurs? Or the location where I can find more/better logs about this event. If you need more information, please contact me!

Thanks!

duplicate_orders.png

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

If you go to a payment step and cancel or fail, Dynamicweb can in some scenarios create a new order instance and check that out the next time the user tries. This is because the order object can have been taken out of memory. Also many payment gateways will not accept that you try to pay the same order number twice and we have to change order number - that can result in duplicate order objects.

BR Nicolai

Maik Van Sark

Hi Nicolai,

Thanks for the explanation. What is the reason to keep the 'old' order?
Because in the example TV-WEB180189 is still in the set 'Not completed orders'.

Nicolai Pedersen

I have no good answer. It can be the actual checkout handler used that does this - it can be something else.

In later versions of Dynamicweb we try to keep the order and just change the order number - we have done that by changing some internal logic to operate on the OrderAutoId field instead of orderid. But it can depend on checkout handlers and other related stuff - i.e. if the order is out of session, Dynamicweb can recreate the order object.

BR Nicolai

You must be logged in to post in the forum