Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » New shipping error

New shipping error

Yung Yi Wong

I have a problem when I want to create a new shipping. I get an stackoverflow error and I don't know what the problem is. How can I fix this problem?

I click on the button New shipping and then this window pops up. When I run it through Visual Studio I get an stackoverflow exception. I'm using dynamic web 8.9.1.13. I tried lower versions on this project, but I get the same error.

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

I need the stack trace from that debugger to see what it might be.

What version are you running?

Yung Yi Wong

Using 8.9.1.13

Yung Yi Wong

Any Idea whats going wrong?

Nicolai Pedersen

Nope.

Do you have a public url to this?

Yung Yi Wong

I get this error local in development environment.

I made a publish and put it on a public ip address.

URL: http://henkelman.test1.innovadis.com

Morten Snedker Dynamicweb Employee
Morten Snedker

Hi Yung,

As the error occurs via the ApplicationPool, you should be able to find clues to the problem in the Windows Event Viewer. Look for Level 'Warning'/'Error' in the System section of the log. Also, pay attention to value 'WAS' in the source column. Even though they're listed as "Information" rather than Warning/Error, they still hold valuable information.

Best regards
Morten Snedker

Yung Yi Wong

I added dump files

This is from the event viewer

Yung Yi Wong

Do you guys maybe know what the problem is why I have this error locally?

In the mean time I went to the testing environment to setup the settings for the delivery fee in management center, but the fee with with rules aren't responding at all. What am I missing?

I read the manuel and the must fields are filled in, but the shipping fee isn't triggered???

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Yung

It could be that you installed asp.net 4.7 and is running in an application pool of that version. Could be the issue - try using 4.6 if that is the case and see if that helps.

BR Nicolai

Yung Yi Wong

I tried to set it to a different version, but it still sets it to 4.7

But my other question is why isn't the shipping fees custom rules not triggered??

Morten Snedker Dynamicweb Employee
Morten Snedker

Hi Yung,

If you want for us to help out with the fee not being triggered, we need to be able to access the administration (/Admin) of the solution at a public link. If that is available, create a support ticket by writing us at support@dynamicweb.dk, including a link to the solution - then we will take a look at it.

As for the the Framework exception: Are you running an absolutely standard Dynamicweb application? If not, please make sure you are, and try again. What I am fising for here is whether or not you have custom code that triggers the error.  If you already are running a default application and it still fails, I believe that the solution lies somewhere between the installation of you .NET Framework and the settings of your ApplicationPool (as already suggested by Nicolai). Unfortunately you're a bit on your own with this particular problem. I did come across this link, though, that may be of help.

Best regards
Morten Snedker

Yung Yi Wong

Hi Morten,

Yah I also found that link did that with debug tool I posten de dump here in the previous post, maybe you guys know what is wrong with it. And yes this is a standard Dynamicweb application. Its the wrap that is available on the site being modified to the wishes of the customer.

If I make a publish and put in on a testing environment it doesn't crash. So something is wrong with the .NET platform I am using with Dynamic Web.

I created a support ticket to look into the shipping fee problem.

Thank you for helping me out with this issue.

Nicolai Pedersen

H Yung

We cannot say what is wrong in that development environment - whish we could. You would have to dig your self... Sorry.

BR Nicolai

You must be logged in to post in the forum