Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Focal point for product images

Focal point for product images

René Poulsen
René Poulsen

Hi,

is it possible to enable focal points for eCom images somewhere? Or does this only work on paragraphs and items?

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi René

So far it has not been implemented as we usually do not see the need, so we chose to wait and see.

The issue is that the images can be added in  a number of ways - using patterns, details, inheritance and then from the regular image selectors. Adding the focal point to the image selector would be a simple task - providing them for image pattern would require another approach.

One approach that has been discussed here in the forums is to have the posibility to do focal points on images in a folder in the filemanager and get the focal points at render time.

So question is - where do you prefer the focal points - would it be sufficient on a product on the image selector?

BR Nicolai

René Poulsen
René Poulsen

On this one solution I'm working on right now, the need is just to be able to use it on the image selectors (image small, image medium, image large), but on a lot of other solutions we use the patterns. So I guess that it would be nice to be able to set them in the filearhivce as well.

On the items I would always set them on the items image selector though. I think it's really easy for the user to set the focalpoint on the page/paragraph where the image is actually chosen and shown. In that way you can, also, easily use the same image with different focal-points across pages/paragraphs. That's really nice!

You must be logged in to post in the forum