Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Facet loop not showing dw 8.6.1.25

Facet loop not showing dw 8.6.1.25

Adeel Nasir

Hi Guys,

Can I implement Facets in DW version 8.6.1.25?

If yes, I have created repository and created Facets at backend but I can't see the FacetGroups loop in frontend, am i missing something?

/Adeel

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Adeel

You HAVE to upgrade to 8.9. At least for security reasons - and that would give you a MUCH more stable index and facetting engine. The upgrade should be relatively straight forward and be less time consuming than staying behind.

BR Nicolai

Adeel Nasir

Hi Nicolai,

Thanks for your response.

I am new to dynamic web.

Can you please tell me the steps to upgrade to 8.9?

Regards,

Adeel

Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Adeel

There is an upgrade here: https://doc.dynamicweb.com/get-started/introduction/installation/upgrading-dynamicweb (It is the same approach for DW8)

And you can download the 8.9 from here: https://doc.dynamicweb.com/downloads/releases

BR Nicolai

Votes for this answer: 1

Adeel Nasir

Hi,

I have installed DW 9.5.7. When i login to backend and open Ecommerce, it gave me the following error:

2019-02-01 17:48:20.4281|ERROR|Licensing|License:InstallWebSitesModule|Failed to install Websites module 
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 
at Dynamicweb.Content.Management.License.GetLicense() 
at Dynamicweb.Content.Management.License.InstallWebSitesModule() 

Also see the attached screen for more detail.

Ecommerce_error.png

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Adeel

Locat /Files on the disk and remove any license file *.license and delete them. Restart IIS, and apply the license again.

BR Nicolai

Adeel Nasir

Hi Nicolai,

I deleted license file, reset IIS and applied the license again, it fixed temporarily but when i rebuild the solution, it shows me the same error again.

There should be a permanent solution instead of fixing tempeorarily.

BR Adeel

Adeel Nasir

Hi Nicolai,

I deleted license file, reset IIS and applied the license again, it fixed temporarily but when i rebuild the solution, it shows me the same error again.

There should be a permanent solution instead of fixing tempeorarily.

BR Adeel

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Adeel

Well, that was a permanent fix. Could you by any chance have something that publishes a license file from another environment onto this installation? You cannot copy license files from one solution to another...

It can also be that you have another reference to Dynamicweb.Admin.dll or Dynamicweb.dll than what you use for your /Admin?

BR Nicolai

Adeel Nasir

Hi Nocolai,

I didn't copied the license file. The license file was generated from the normal license wizard.

Dynamicweb.dll have the same version 9.5.23, the only difference is the solution use dll from nuget package and Admin section had dll from the download version 9.5.7 from the stable build.

I am not using Dynamicweb.Admin.dll in the solution. Attached are the screen shots from Admin and Custom solution.

admin.png Custom_solution.png

Nicolai Pedersen

Well, I do not know what goes wrong... Something in the setup seems to be off somehow.

Can you check you /Files/System/Log/License log files for clues? And do you have a link for the solution?

BR Nicolai

Steffen Kruse Hansen Dynamicweb Employee
Steffen Kruse Hansen
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Adeel,

I think this is related to the old license. This bug was fixed on 9.6, but it had never been merged to 9.5. I have just merged the fix to 9.5, so it will be released with the next 9.5 hotfix.

There exists a work-around you can use, so it doesn't stop you from continuing your work:

• Go to GlobalSettings, and add ’InstalledSolutions’ with the value ’cms,cmdEnterprise;’ under the 'System'-node
  • IISReset
  • Now it should work

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Steffen

Votes for this answer: 1

Adeel Nasir

Hi Steffen,

The work-around worked :)

BR,

Adeel

Adeel Nasir