Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Exclude PIM groups from Facets

Exclude PIM groups from Facets

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi,

Is there a way to exclude/remove the PIM groups from being indexed?

Currently we have a Facet pointing to GroupID's (rendering the Group Names) but we noticed that the PIM groups (which mean nothing for Ecommerce, show up as facet options. Is there a way to do that withouy building an IndexBuilderExtender?

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Replies

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hi Nuno,

Did you try to use 'ShopsToIndex' key in build settings? You can point shop ID(s) should be indexed, so PIM one(s) can be excluded.

BR, Oleg QA 

Nuno Aguiar

Hi Oleg,

Something must be off with my data then, Can you take a look at my screencast and see what I am doing wrong (using 9.4.6)

https://www.screencast.com/t/TYs7blzWGE

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Oleg Rodionov

Hi,

I see no any change in product quantity done on indexing at the final time - 66 records as it was before, do you have the same product quantity in every your shop or the group you don't wanna see is attached to PIM shop? (but time is changed in fact). I've checked the key on Rapido solution based even on DW943 and all right . Please, have a look at the video to compare other build keys and ensure that appropriate key is without any typo.  

BR, Oleg QA   

Nuno Aguiar

Hi Oleg,

I guess you missed my point then. Im my example

• All products are published to Ecom
    In other words they live both in PIM and Ecommerce

• PIM has 1 group called Unorganized Products
    Where all "66 products" belong to

• Ecommerce has multiple groups where the "66 products" are scattered
    There is no Unorganized Products group under Ecommerce

So if we were to consider PIM groups are for PIM use only, and Ecommerce for public/website/frontend use, the index is not excluding groups that belong to PIM.

My expectation is that Unorganized Products would not show up as a facet (but it does).

https://www.screencast.com/t/qaw1drFiN

Is that an accurate assumption?

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Oleg Rodionov

Hi,

Oh, yeah, my proposal can not be applied in the case, probably. Perhaps, Nicolai or someone else can help solve it in another way, sorry.  

BR, Oleg QA

You must be logged in to post in the forum