Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Editing a group causes a duplicate primary key error

Editing a group causes a duplicate primary key error

Terri Donahue
Terri Donahue

Please see the attached screencast of the issue. URL is https://abbycadabby.dw-demo.com/admin

https://www.screencast.com/t/oHsLMw1A

Replies

Dmitriy Benyuk Dynamicweb Employee
Dmitriy Benyuk

Hi Terri,
it looks like you have a group in the Ecom and in PIM which was created by the import from the Data integration. So one group is attached to the two shops.
I was trying to reproduce this issue on latest 9.4.18 and it worked fine for me. Could you try to restart your application pool and see if it helps? If it doesn't then you could upgrade to the latest
9.4.18 and try there.

Regards, Dmitrij

Terri Donahue
Terri Donahue

Hi Dmitrij,

I upgraded the solution and still get the error. Should I open a support case and send the solution over?

Dmitriy Benyuk

Hi Terri,
I still wasn't able to reproduce your case. That seems to be connected with the imported data for the EcomGroups data integration job.
In the Shops column you have "SHOP3,SHOP1".
Could you add "ShopSorting" constant mapping with a value of: "1,0"
so you would get records in the ShopGroupRelationsSorting table ordered by SHOP1, SHOP3
instead of SHOP3, SHOP1.
Reagards, Dmitrij

Terri Donahue
Terri Donahue

Thanks Dmitriy. We'll give that a try and I'll mark as answer if it fixes it.

Terri Donahue
Terri Donahue

Hi Dmitriy,

I think what you are describing is to set ShopGroupRelationsSorting to '1' rather than '0' for SHOP1 for L1-CASTER. Is that correct? I manually set this value and am still getting the error.

Dmitriy Benyuk
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Terri,
That is a big. I've was able to reproduce your issue using Data integration import and Shops column and found some workaround.
Right now you have Shops with "SHOP3,SHOP1" value, but it needs to be "SHOP1,SHOP3". Could you remove your failing group/groups(EcomGroups) and their relations(EcomShopGroupRelation) and re-import the group/groups again with the changed const value?
Regards, Dmitrij

Votes for this answer: 1

Terri Donahue
Terri Donahue

Thanks for the guidance Dmitriy. We are all set now.

Terri Donahue
Terri Donahue

Could this same type thing make it where sorting top level groups doesn't save? We are seeing that behavior now. You can sort subgroups fine.

Kristian Kirkholt Dynamicweb Employee
Kristian Kirkholt

Hi Terri

The problem regarding #53927 "Editing a group causes a duplicate primary key error" has now been resolved in Dynamicweb version 9.5+

To upgrade please choose this version from download:

http://doc.dynamicweb.com/releases-and-downloads/releases

Let me know if you need any more help regarding this

Kind Regards
Dynamicweb Support
Kristian Kirkholt

Terri Donahue
Terri Donahue

Hi Kristian,

Could this error also cause the inability to save the sort order of top level product groups? Also, is this fix in the 9.4 branch or just the 9.5 one?

Terri Donahue
Terri Donahue

Bumping this to see if the fix is in the 9.4 branch. If it is, what release is needed? If not, can it be added?

Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

It is in Dynamicweb.Ecommerce 1.5.7 which is part of 9.5.2. It is not in 9.4.

Why not upgrade to 9.5? We are closing down 9.4 for general hotfixing as 9.5 is very stable.

BR Nicolai

Votes for this answer: 1

Terri Donahue
Terri Donahue

I'll send it back to the project team Nicolai. Thanks

You must be logged in to post in the forum