Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » DW 9.12.5 - Is it possible to add both a voucher and a gift card to an order at once?

DW 9.12.5 - Is it possible to add both a voucher and a gift card to an order at once?

Roald Haahr

Hi

I am working on a project running on version 9.12.5 and I have been asked to make it possible to apply both a voucher and a gift card to orders, but apparently it is not as straighforward as it sounds.

EcomOrderVoucherCode and EcomOrderGiftCardCode writes the value to the same field, so I cannot select the 'Default Voucher Code Field'-option in the order discount configuration. I found a post from 2016 regarding the same problem in DW 8.8.1.9 and although it might be outdated, I tried to follow the same steps, but experienced the same problems as Nuno did back in 2016. I added a custom order field by the name 'CustomVoucherCode' and selected that in the discount configuration. Unfortunately doing that removed the option to select a voucher list for the field as shown in Image 1 and 2 below, so providing a custom field can only grant discounts based on a set value. 

Is there some sort of workaround to make it possible to use both functionalities at once?

Kind regards
Roald

Image 1

Image 2

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen

When you post a field with a value in a field named EcomOrderGiftCardCode - an orderline is added of type discount (for each code in that field - seperated by [space] or , or ;) and on that orderline, the GiftCardCode is set with the value added. The value should not be mixed with voucherfield.

Roald Haahr

Hi Nicolai

I agree. So are you saying that an order cannot be paid by gift carts and vouchers at the same time?

Kind regards
Roald

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen

No, an order can contain vouchers and giftcards. EcomOrderGiftCardCode is not saved in the voucher field. 

You must be logged in to post in the forum