Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Does DynamicWeb support templates for orders?

Does DynamicWeb support templates for orders?

Oscar Romin
Oscar Romin

Hello! 

I wonder if DynamicWeb supports something like an ordertemplate system, that is a saved order that can be copied into a new order and bought again. So kind of like a cart that's saved for later but never disappears when you've ordered it. Simply a templatesystem for new orders.

If not, what would you think is the best way to build one yourself? So far I've come up with two solutions:

1. Use the already existing EcomOrder-table in the database and create a third id-type in the id-field that could be, for example, 'TEMPLATE23' (instead of the regular 'CART23' or 'ORDER23') and do logic based on this. I don't know however if there will be a problem in some Ecommerce dll if I do this. But this seems like the easiest way if it works. 

2. Create a completely new table, which of course is possible but will take longer. 

What are your thoughts? Has anyone done something like this before?

(also, I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this post so excuse me if it's misplaced)

/Oscar

Replies

Morten Bengtson Dynamicweb Employee
Morten Bengtson

Hi Oscar,

In Customer Center a customer can reorder a previously completed order.
It is also possible to set up recurring orders, which places an order automatically in some interval on behalf of the customer (for subscriptions and similar).

Does any of those solve your problem?

Best regards,
Morten

Oscar Romin
Oscar Romin

Hi Morten!

Not really, during the checkout and/or orderflow our customers will be able to check a 'make as template' checkbox, which will take all that has been added to the cart so far and save it somewhere as a template for future use. Which means the order doesn't have to be completed. 

But thanks for the tip, I did not know about the Customer Center. 

You must be logged in to post in the forum