Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Discount for B2C users and Anonymous

Discount for B2C users and Anonymous

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

I have a project based on Rapido 3.0 and DW 9.5. Solution is connected to NAV and we are reading live pricing from NAV for B2B users.

B2B users are users with a customer number.

B2C users are anonymous and users withour customer number.

We have a situation with discounts. I am trying to set a 10% discount for all products for B2C users.

I have tried using Order discount with a Product field discount. SInce I have no option to select Anonymous and B2C, I have selected all, hoping that Live pricing will ignore the discount.

But it appears that the ProductField discount is overriding the live pricing.

Is there any way I can accomplish te above scenario?

In general, I believe the scenario where anonymous users will have to be included in a discount will become increasingly requested as implementations will cover more and more B2C situations where Anonymous users will not be an exception anymore.

Any suggestion is welcomed.

Thank you,
Adrian

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Who should not get the discount then - if logged in users and anonymous users gets the discount?

Discounts sits on top of prices - no matter what price there is and where it comes from, the discount will be added.

Also it sounds like you should use a orderline discount - that applies to the product, and not the order it self.

BR Nicolai

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

The discount should be set for B2C customers. meaning anonymous users and B2C users registered (assigned to a dedicated B2C user group).

You are right that I should use and Orderline discount, but that's a separate issue.

I understand you saying that there is no way I can avoid applying this discount to Live pricing or choose a User group that the discount won;t apply to. Or Choose to apply specifically to Anonymous users.

Is there any plan to add the same granularity as you have added for the new Permissions model? Or additional options that can help with the above?

Thank you,

Adrian

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

Any news on this matter? or any suggestion about how I should handle it?

The customer asked me again to configure a discount for anonymous and B2C users and I don't have a way of doing so.

Maybe allowing the selection of system users like it is on permissions?

Thank you,
Adrian

You must be logged in to post in the forum