Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Customer experience center not cancelling recurring orders

Customer experience center not cancelling recurring orders

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

Hi there,

Is the Customer Experience Center supposed to be compatible with the Customer Center and is it able to replace it? One area where I run into differences is with recurring orders. I can display these orders just fine using the Customer Experience Center. It can also generate links to cancel a recurring order (using the DelRecurringOrderId parameter). However, clicking the Cancel link then does nothing.

As a workaround, I added a standard Customer Center app to the page and hid it. That app instance then picks up the request with DelRecurringOrderId and cancels the order correctly.

Is that how it's supposed to work? It feels kinda clumsy to me this way :-)

Thanks!

Imar

Replies

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hi Imar,

CEC app still has very limited set of parameters-methods nowadays. The ability seems not to has been implemented yet. I've created new task 9358 to make it if approved. Sorry for inconvience. Refer to manual for details about the app if needs.

BR, Oleg QA

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

Alright; thanks. I'll stick with my double-app approach for now then; the CEC app to render recurring orders using a ViewModel and the normal CC app to handle cancellations of the same orders.

Thanks!

Imar

Cátia Torego

Is there any news about this? I'm using the Customer Experience Center for the recurring orders and having the same issue with the cancel.

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen

It is still not possible - but you can use the new CCX and then have a version of the old CC module and use the delete command on that one. Either on the same page or on another page and then simply send the cancel event to that for now.

BR Nicolai

You must be logged in to post in the forum