Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Available Amount

Available Amount

Ricardo Pereira
Ricardo Pereira

Hi Guys,

The DW Tag GetInteger("Ecom:Product.AvailableAmount") is not being updated when the user add some quantity of the product to the cart. This is happening in the product list and detail.
I have checked the option to "Reserve when product is added to cart" in "Settings > Advanced configuration > General".

Anything else I can check in order to make sure that it works?

I'm using the DW version: 9.3.7

Best regards,
Ricardo Pereira

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Ecom:Product.AvailableAmount is showing the Ecom:Product.Stock tag minus the Ecom:Product.ReservedAmount tag.

You might want to take a look at the field setting for the stock field. If it is language controlled, this will sometimes not work.

Looking in globalsettings, /Globalsettings/Ecom/ProductLanguageControl/Language/ProductStock has to be false and /Globalsettings/Ecom/ProductLanguageControl/ChoicesMade has to be false.

BR Nicolai

Ricardo Pereira
Ricardo Pereira

Thank you for the answer.
I checked the settings as you suggested but still not working.

Jakob Westhausen

I'm having the same issue as well, and I have also tried what you have suggested Nicolai unfortunately it dosen't work.

I used the same tag in a DW8 which worked fine, so I think it's a bug in DW9.

Best regards

Jakob Westhausen

Jakob Westhausen

It looks like it has been fixed in the newest version:

44865 Bug

Reserve when product is added to cart setting works again

Jakob Westhausen
This post has been marked as an answer

Okay, I finally figured out why it diden't work. It was because "Minutes the products in cart are reserved" was set to 0 minutes by default. So when I changed this setting and emptied by basket, everything worked as expected. laugh

Screen_Shot_2018-02-15_at_15.30.07.png
Votes for this answer: 1

Jens Mouritzen
Jens Mouritzen

Do buyers have to be logged in to reserve products in the cart ??  Or does it also affect anonymous buyers? I shure hope it does.

Nicolai Pedersen

It affect all users, anonymous and logged in.

You must be logged in to post in the forum