Developer forum

Forum » Dynamicweb 9.0 Upgrade issues » Upgrading from 9.2.5 to 9.3.4

Upgrading from 9.2.5 to 9.3.4

Per Jensen

Trying to upgrade via Nuget from 9.2.5 to 9.3.4 with no luck so far.
When trying to upgrade in Visual Studio, it says its need Microsoft.Owin.Security ( 3.1.0-rc1 )

To force it to get the new packages, i deleted everything in my package folder, but noticed that my packages.config still pointed to the 2.1.0.0 version.
I downloaded the 9.3.4 version from the doc site, and noticed that in the packages.config file here, it points to 3.1.0-rc1 so i replaced my config file with this one, and this resulted in a successfully upgrade in VS.

When i try to start up my site in a browser i get this error :

"Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Owin.Security, Version=2.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)"

Now its asking for 2.1.0.0 again ?

Any idea to what goes wrong ?

Per Jensen

Replies

Morten Bengtson Dynamicweb Employee
Morten Bengtson

Seems like your web.config file has not been updated correctly. Does it contain an assembly binding redirect for Microsoft.Owin.Security?

<dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.Owin.Security" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" culture="neutral" />
        <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-3.1.0.0" newVersion="3.1.0.0" />
</dependentAssembly>

Per Jensen

No such entry, no. So you might be correct about web.config not being updated correctly.

Per Jensen

Just tryed to install a completely new 9.3.4 with the Nuget Package manager, and it says the Web.config is corrupt.

Error Code    0x8007000d
Config Error    Only one <configSections> element allowed. It must be the first child element of the root <configuration> element

147:     </httpCompression><urlCompression doStaticCompression="true" /></system.webServer>
  148:   <!-- application specific settings --><configSections>
  149:     <section name="dotless" type="dotless.Core.configuration.DotlessConfigurationSectionHandler, dotless.Core" />

Something seems to be a issue ?

Morten Bengtson

I'm not sure why that happens.

You can edit web.config and move <configSections> ... </configSections> up so that it is the first child element of <configuration> and it should work just fine.

Another option is to delete the existing web.config file before you install Dynamicweb.Admin in a project.

Jakob Kristensen

This does not work!

Installing version 9.3.14 in a new project gives a ton of errors in the web.config something is off with the transforms you do.

Morten Bengtson

Hi Jakob,

Sorry, I can't reproduce that.

I have created a new empty web application (Target framework: .NET 4.6) and installed Dynamicweb.Admin 9.3.14 (Package source: All, Dependency behaviour: Lowest).
I get no errors and the site is running without any issues.

Can you provide some more details about how you install 9.3.14 and the errors you get?

You must be logged in to post in the forum