Developer forum

Forum » Dynamicweb 9.0 Upgrade issues » Unable to create index with DW9

Unable to create index with DW9

Ben Doorn

Hi,

Can anyone give me a clue what could be the reason why the index configuration screen is not working. I only got a screen 

I already removed my custom index builder from the bin folder, and updated to the 9.2.12 version, but that does not seem to make a difference. 

Kind regards,

Ben

IndexCreationError.PNG

Replies

Steffen Kruse Hansen

Hi Ben,

I have tried to replicate the error on my on 9.2.12 solution, and I'm not able to reproduce the error.

Do you have a site, which I can logon to and see the error?

Best regards

Steffen

Ben Doorn

Hi Steffen,

Not yet. This install is only on my development system, I wil publish to our test server today and send you the connection details by e-mail.

I expect it is something that is wrong with my install I just can't figure our what it could be, I have installed DW through NuGet, could that have something to do with it?

Brgds,

Ben

Nicolai Pedersen

This is because of missing MVC working on this installation. If you check developer tools in the browser you will see either 404s or 500s and that is because of missing IIS config.

See other threads in the forum on this issue.

BR Nicolai

Ben Doorn

Hi Nicolai,

Thanx for pointing into this direction, it is not MVC that is missing but the file /Admin/Module/Repositories/Scripts/Filters.js was missing. I used the NuGet package to install the Admin.

Probably that file is not in the package. Or it has something to do with another issue we had with the NuGet restore packages function. When installing on a new development system the folder structure was created bu no files where installed (did not got time to dive into this, removing the package and then reinstall wil solve this).

While investigating I also found that /Admin/Resources/vendors/Sortable/Sortable.min.js is also missing, but this file is also not in the download version of DW 9.2.12. I checked the Developer console and found more files that are missing. To be sure I wil copy all the files from the download version of DW into my project.

/Ben

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Ben

Thanks for the update. We have an open bug on the 404s to missing .js files.

BR Nicolai

Hans Kloppenborg

Hi Nicolai,

Any indication when this bug will be resolved? We discovered this identical issue in two seperate 9.3.10 solutions today. Grabbing the file from the zip version of DW and adding it manually solved the issue, but it would be nice if this came with the package install. (And it would prevent us wasting time wondering why the repository index doesnt work)

Greets Hans

You must be logged in to post in the forum