Developer forum

Forum » Dynamicweb 9.0 Upgrade issues » TrackTraceParameter is empty after upgrade

TrackTraceParameter is empty after upgrade

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

I have a solution that was recently upgraded to 9.4.19.

We are using GetLoop("TrackTraceParameters") to render the tracking information.

After the upgrade, the tag GetString("Ecom:Order.TrackTraceParameter.Value") inside the loop does not return anything.

The syntax is correct and it used to work before the upgrade.

Anything changed on the Loop definition?

Is there a new setting that I need to be aware that might have an impact on this feature?

Thank you,

Adrian

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

In the receipt template I guess? Please specify which and where you selected it.

And also paste the template code as well.

I do not think we have any changes since 9.0

BR Nicolai

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

In the Order detail template. It's probably the same thing with Receipt, only it is rendered through CustomerCenter.

I am attaching the OrderDetail template.

Thank you,

Adrian

Nicolai Pedersen

So it is when showing the order details in customer center?

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

Yes. And it seems to have the same behavior for both Orders and Invoices. Not sure if Invoices were supposed to handle track and trace parameters.

The funny thing is that the template worked when we first deployed the project (on 9.3).
We have now planning on releasing a new Website on the same application, and we tested to see is something breaks on the initial website and that's when we discovered this issue.

I believe we had an upgrade from 9.3.x to 9.4.x and then another upgrade to 9.4.19. I can't say for sure when it stopped working.

Thank you,
Adrian

Adrian Ursu

One more thing.

The LoopCount seems to retunr records. it is only when trying to get the value that it returns blank.

The tag I am using is the same one with what's in documentation.

Adrian

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hi,

The issue is reproduced on DW9419 and up for new created orders as well. Now it is bugged by TFS 57076 new created, will be fixed on further hotfixes/release. Thanks.

BR, Oleg QA

Adrian Ursu

Hi Oleg,

Thank you for confirming.

I have another issue on the same project and it might be or not related with the above issue.

I have orders and Ledger items that have a Shipping MethodID stored on them (in the database). But the Ecom:Order.ShippingMethodID tag does not return anything.

Should I create another issue for this?

Thank you,
Adrian

Kristian Kirkholt Dynamicweb Employee
Kristian Kirkholt

Hi Adrian

The problem regarding #57076 "TrackTraceParameter.Value is empty inside TrackTraceParameters loop" has now been resolved in Dynamicweb version 9.5.5

To upgrade please choose this version from download:

http://doc.dynamicweb.com/releases-and-downloads/releases

Let me know if you need any more help regarding this

Kind Regards
Dynamicweb Support
Kristian Kirkholt

Adrian Ursu

Hi Kristian,

I have stumbled again on this issue, although not exactly the same one.

It looks like we now get values for TrackAndTraceParameter and TrancAndTraceURL but they are always the first one on the list, regardless of the ID stored on the order.

Please see the screenshot attached.

Thank you,
Adrian

fbcc7e3fc52c95861fa28dd8df68a2bc.png

You must be logged in to post in the forum