Developer forum

Forum » Dynamicweb 9.0 Upgrade issues » Product catalog paragraph settings fails

Product catalog paragraph settings fails

Lars Larsen
Lars Larsen

Hi

I have upgraded a solution from DW 9.3 to 9.6.5. Now when trying to edit the paragraph settings for the Product Catalog app I get the error below. What can be wrong? The solution contains a product schema extender. To me the error seems to be related to that, but can't figure out why.

Capture.PNG

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hm, never seen that before! Do you have exceptions in the repositories? And can you build?

And what happens if you try to create a new paragraph using the same index?

Lars Larsen
Lars Larsen

Hi Nicolai

I can build with out any errors. No errors in "/Files/System/Diagnostics". If I attach the "Product Catalogue" app to another paragraph the same error shows up.

Lars Larsen
Lars Larsen

Hi Nicolai

The custom product schema extender is not available in the "Type" dropdownlistbox (see attached screenshot). I have tried adding the custom schema extender from here. But that doesn't show up either.

Capture.PNG

Lars Larsen
Lars Larsen

Hi Nicolai

Found out now that the associated custom index builder has not been implemented properly! I think that is the main problem.

The above is not correct. There is no custom index builder. Instead there are an Index Builder Extender, I mixed up those two.

Lars Larsen
Lars Larsen

Hi

The problem is that my custom solution does not see my custom product schema extender. I have found out that it must be because of some setting in GlobalSettings. Do you know what setting it could be?

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Lars

Can you post your code. There are no settings in GS as far as I know...

BR Nicolai

Lars Larsen
Lars Larsen

Hi Nicolai

I am running on Dynamicweb v9.6.5. I have attached the Schema Extender, which is the only custom code in the solution. And I have attached two GlobalSettings files. When using one of them I can select the schema extender in the default manner (when adding field mappings to an index definition). But running with the other one I can't.

Nicolai Pedersen

ok, try to extend the index schema like described here instead:

https://doc.dynamicweb.com/forum/development/development/extending-the-index

Lars Larsen
Lars Larsen

Hi Nicolai

As far as I can see, the examples on the page you link to is for extending the index build. I want to extend the schema. I can't see how I can use the examples.

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Lars

Oh yes, my confusion - sorry.

I cannot figure out what is wrong. Compiled your code and added it to my /bin and it seems to work as it should... See dump.

I have no clue what causes your exception - especially when changing globalsettings file - as I cannot see that they should do anything.

The only thing I've noticed is that the 2 global settings files does not seem to have had the same upgrades from the upgrade system - so try re-running the update from older versions and see if that helps...

Sorry we cannot locate the issue...

BR Nicolai

Capture.PNG

You must be logged in to post in the forum