Developer forum

Forum » Dynamicweb 9.0 Upgrade issues » News V2 app in DW9 has no metatags

News V2 app in DW9 has no metatags

Per Søgaard

News V2 app in DW9 has no metatags like the DW8 module.
Many customers has been using it and are asking for it.
We need it back including meta content on existing News items.

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

News meta data was placed in the now outphased dublin core meta data code - and that will not come back. I believe you can simply add meta data custom fields to the news module and in the detail template call pageview.current.meta.* to implement them.

That said, the Title is already updated by the news heading (you cannot override the title with something else though) - keywords are deprecated in the real world and could be disregarded and we are considering removing them entirely from Dynamicweb, so description is the only thing left that sometimes can make sense if you reall want to. And that you can add as a custom field I believe.

We will not add new features to the news module. We have all the same things in Items, and with 9.4 you can create folders in the tree so you have better options for placing your items in the tree.

BR Nicolai

Capture.PNG
Votes for this answer: 1

Per Søgaard

Keywords I know is not used by Google but we use it to add alternative search words to website search module search.
This way you can search for different spelling, related words etc. in eCom, pages etc.

We have customers that have made SEO on their news items and are very angry that their texts are now gone.

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Per

I am sorry to hear that your customers are angry - it is not our intention to remove and change features in order to mess with our customers solution. The reasoning of removing some old features is also to keep the platform up-to-date and make it work in the world as it is today. Keywords was used until 2001 by search engines and since then had no real reason for being there.

BR Nicolai

Per Søgaard

Hi Nocolai

I understand. But removing title and description on news is not good news if you have been using it a lot.
Even if we make custom fields etc. the content from the old seo fields is now gone.

You must be logged in to post in the forum