Developer forum

Forum » Dynamicweb 9.0 Upgrade issues » Multiple Connector Services

Multiple Connector Services

Gheorghe Balan

Hi 

I am writing because I am a bit of doubt about setting up batch and live integration for a DW solution.

The challenge lies in the fact that I have 4 service endpoints - one for each company and website.

This means that I need to install 4 connector services, set up 4 batch jobs, and 4 live integration jobs.

1. Connector services

I have already installed one connector service. Can I make 3 copies of it, and rename the .exe files and the .config files, and then install each of them on their own ?

Or what is the preffered way of doing it ?

2. Live integration

The WebServiceUrl field is a multiline field. Does this mean that it is possible to insert all 4 url's with their corresponding area Id ?

Will live integration work for all 4 shops if it is done this way, or is there another, better way of doing it ?

Br

Gheorghe

Replies

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

Hi Gheorghe,

You may want to take a look here: https://doc.dynamicweb.com/forum/integration/integration/integration-with-different-erp-with-respective-site-withing-one-application

If separating by shop isn't enough you can always write code in the live integration project yourself to determine what the correct URL could be. We've done that for some of our US sites where we derive the info from a user field. Let me know if you need more help on that and I can send you some code.

Imar

Gheorghe Balan

Hi Imar

Separating by shop is enough - and that answers my second question about live integration. 

Could you please answer my first question, as well: 

Do I need to install 4 different connector services each with their own .config file in order to create 4 separate batch jobs for importing users - or is there a better way of doing it ?

Br

Gheorghe

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

Yes, you'll need four services to connect to individual end points if you want to use the standard service and connector. You could build your own connector version that understands how to reach out to different end points, but installing multiple services is probably easier.

Your steos above are what's needed, but if you want to install multiple services on the same machine then you also need to edit the service's config file and update the ServiceName and give each end point a unique name before installing:

<appSettings>
    <add key="ServiceName" value="DynamicwebService" />
</appSettings>

The name you enter there is what shows up in the Windows services panel. 

Each connector can then point to the appropriate ERP end point.

Hope this helps,

Imar

You must be logged in to post in the forum