Developer forum

Forum » Dynamicweb 9.0 Upgrade issues » Internet Explorer 11 (2013 version) Extranet logoff issue

Internet Explorer 11 (2013 version) Extranet logoff issue

Peter Leleulya

We have an application running on DW9.6.3 and for logging the frontend user off we link to /Admin/Public/extranetlogoff.aspx?redirect=/homepage

Now this doesn't seem to work anymore for Internet Explorer 11 browsers (version 2013), it shows the "This page can not be dispayed" page ...

The redirect part in the URL plays no role in this issue.

I can understand that the CMS is not compatible with ancient browsers, but a frontend function should work ... many users of the application work in a CITRIX environment and are not able to update their browser.

Is this a known issue and can I do something on my end to fix this?

Or can you fix this on your end.

NOTE: The 2015 version of Internet Explorer 11 does not have this issue, the 2013 version does!

We had an old server running this browser and were able to reproduce the problem ...

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Peter

It is not a known issue. Can you provide a screendump of the error including request and response headers?

Since the code of the extranetlogoff.aspx is all serverside, I can only think of header issues some way or another.

If there is a quickfix or cause, we can look into it. No promises.

What do they do when browsing the rest of the internet? They have no Chrome or anything installed on those machines.

BR Nicolai

Peter Leleulya

Hi Nicolai,

The page can't be displayed, so no request headers or response headers are available ...

BrowserVersion.PNG Error.PNG

Peter Leleulya

By the way, this issue also happens on this project for browsers where the login does work, perhaps this has anything to do with it: https://doc.dynamicweb.com/forum/cms-standard-features/cookiemanager-dynamicweb-cookieoptinlevel-removed-after-logout?PID=1605 

Peter Leleulya

What do they do when browsing the rest of the internet? They have no Chrome or anything installed on those machines.

I have no idea, this is feedback from our client about their customers ...
Nevertheless a logoff shouldn't behave like this in any browser ... 

I personally think it has to do with the issue I mentioned in my previous reply, because I tested 2 other applications in this browser and they log-off without any problems.
They have similar setups.

So i'm hoping Morten can halp us with that weird issue ...

Morten Bengtson Dynamicweb Employee
Morten Bengtson

I'm looking into the cookie issue. Bug 62672

Best regards,
Morten

Nicolai Pedersen

How can there not be any request headers...? Then it is something in the browser, like smartscreening or whatever they called it.

Peter Leleulya

Nicolai,

I'm not sure. I'm not familiair wilth smartscreening ...
With the credentials and stepls to reproduce I sent for the other issue and a 2013 IE 11 browser you can reproduce this issue too.
Let me know if I did something completely stupid, but I don't think so ...

Grtz,
Peter

Nicolai Pedersen

Not except having a customer with an IE browser that cannot be updated :-).

We cannot fix this - this is not a Dynamicweb issue, I am pretty sure of that. If no request is made to the server, how can we ever change anything there and make it work?

You can try to make a new file in /admin/public, i.e. extranetlogoff2.aspx and let it have only something like this: <%=System.DateTime.Now()>

You must be logged in to post in the forum