Developer forum

Forum » Dynamicweb 9.0 Upgrade issues » Dynamicweb 9.6.0 upgrade issues.

Dynamicweb 9.6.0 upgrade issues.

Harald Brouwers

Hello,

We upgraded a solution from 9.5.7, to 9.6.0 and ran into a few problems:

1: The column "ShippingTakeDiscountIntoAccount" & "ShippingEligibleForFreeShipping" is not created in the table by the update scripts:

This occurs when creating a new shipping method, the solution does not contain any pre-existing shipping methods.

2: The solution report is broken:

Greetings Harald

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Harald

The first error seems to be related with missing update package, 2106, that is in the release of 9.6 admin. So you need to re-run the update script from 2095 to get all of 9.6 db changes - go to system information and change the ecom number in the bottom. Ensure the database user has DDL permissios - check the log file for errors (/Files/updatelog.log). You can change the update file directly on the file system instead: Locate the file UpdateVersion_ecom.xml and change the value to 2095 and restart the solution.

The other exception: Check in Settings, Ecommerce, Internationalisation, Languages that you have a default language. I have made a fix for this one, TFS#60405 which will be in 9.6.1.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

BR Nicolai

Harald Brouwers

Hi Nicolai,

I re-ran the updates as you suggested, but it did not solve the problem. I included the log file with the SQL errors.

About the other exception, we had a default language already set. So that isn't the problem here.
And we also found that if you don't have a default Currency in your Ecom settings, this also gives an exception.

Greetings Harald

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Harald

The logfile seems to not run package 2105-2109 which could indicate that something is missing from the /Admin/Update/ecom.xml.aspx. Just checked the file from the download, and it contains those files. So could you have the wrong /admin - and can you zip and attach /Admin/Update/ecom.xml.aspx to this post?

A default currency is required and also to be set on the website - but we changed that already for 9.6.1 so it will fall back to a random currency if no default has been set.

BR Nicolai

Brian Bolks

Hi Nicolai, 

I just checked and indeed in the 9.6 download the ecom.xml.aspx contains the packages (2105-2109).

But we did an update through NuGet and the nuget package seems to be another version? 

The nuget only contains upto package 2105 inside the ecom.xml.aspx

Harald Brouwers

Hi,

I can confirm that. Replaced the NuGet version of ecom.xml.aspx with the version from the downloaded zip. The updates.xml file is also different. See the zip for the nuget and downloaded versions.

Now I can create a shipping method. The error with the "Solution report" unfortunately still persists.

Greetings Harald

Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

Thank you for the update.
We will fix the nuget issue for 9.6.1 - we have not found an explanation of what have gone wrong with 9.6.0 of that package.

Also the exception in solution report will get fixed with 9.6.1

Thanks for the feedback and sorry about the inconvenience

BR Nicolai

Votes for this answer: 1

You must be logged in to post in the forum