Developer forum

Forum » Dynamicweb 9.0 Upgrade issues » after Upgrading 9.10.1 to 9.10.8 product list getting very slow

after Upgrading 9.10.1 to 9.10.8 product list getting very slow

Shiwanka Chathuranga Dynamicweb Employee
Shiwanka Chathuranga

we have done our site upgrade from 9.10.1 to 9.10.8 

this contains almost 30k products,

previously within 1 sec it generates the list and now almost 13seconds, any workaround??

Replies

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi Shiwanka,

Look into your builder options and disable what you don't need. If you have a lot of countries (and currencies) and you don't sort by price nor filter by it, then Skipping Prices is a good idea.

In that sense, try skipping Related Products and Group sorting (if not needed). I've found that to also have some slight performance increases.

That said, despite the increase being extreme in comparison with the previous scenario, 13sec should not be an issue. We have projects that require some custom logic (IndexBuilderExtender) that have the index run for up to 10min. Our most recent sucess case was reducing it down to 2min with a mix of the settings above, better caching on the index builder extender and dropped the Product Schema Extender to only create the fields that were absolutely needed (this customer has an in-house dev to help support it, so that also made it a viable solution)

Hope that helps,

Nuno Aguiar

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Shiwanka

The product list where? In the backend, in pim, in ecommerce, in frontend or where are we at? Can you share a bit of information and maybe a URL?

@Nuno - I guess you are talking about index.

Nuno Aguiar

Hi Nicolai,

Yes, I am. Somehow I read that was the issue :P but it might not be

Shiwanka Chathuranga

@nicolai

its front end https://www.kids21.com/ 

Shiwanka Chathuranga

HI Nuno

this is about front end product list, when i put debug point to feed template first line it took more than 10sec to reach that debug point.

seems some sql index or query issue, this was working fine until we did the upgrade,

thanks

Nuno Aguiar

Ok, sounds good

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Shiwanka

I doubt this change has to do with the upgrade.

The product list feed page is around 5 seconds. Most of the time consumed comes from Stock and Unit - I would get rid of all of that from the feed template as it seems not to be used and might be even slower because of live integration (not sure though).

Also there are huge performance problems coming from the setup of navigation. You have enabled ecommerce navigation many times and some of them renders products and that is very slow. And it does not seem that you actually render those products in navigation, so you can savely remove those checkboxes. If you do render them, reconsider as it is impossible to make fast in solutions with many products (you have more than 10k)​

Also the CDN setup is causing performance issues. The Dynamicweb replace of CDN hosts is slow on larger pages, so you would also gain a lot by adding the CDN host directly in the markup and disable the Dynamicweb approach.

Shiwanka Chathuranga

Hi Nicolai

i have reverted back to old Application and you can see the performance here

almost milliseconds where previously it took 13sec

if you need database, I can send you the version testing

thanks

Nicolai Pedersen

Yes - I can see the difference and will have QA look into it.

My points are still valid though. Your frontpage can be around 250 ms instead of 1500+ by changing the navigation and CDN replacement. Same for your other pages.

BR Nicolai

Shiwanka Chathuranga

Understood, i will look into those

thanks

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Shiwanka and all,

The issue seems to be known one, see solution inside the topic. I hope it can solve your issue as well. Please, comment your further results. I was not able to move your solution under DW9.10.8 to check, since it does not available via admin settings now. Luck.

BR, Oleg

Votes for this answer: 1

Shiwanka Chathuranga

@Nicolai

we have checked your suggestions and plan to remove CDN settings and feed template update

but we can not remove the ecom navigation as we used it for mobile menu

@Oleg  

issue fixed with your suggestion, Thanks

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Shiwanka

You should not remove the ecommerce navigation, but the "Include products" flag. You only render groups, but not the products.

BR Nicolai

Shiwanka Chathuranga

Got the point

Thanks

You must be logged in to post in the forum